• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Filming a shooting event…

obx22

Troubleshooter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
N.C.
I’d like to film my club’s shooting events from multiple perspectives (left/right, & targets), both to provide actual clips to shooters who want to critique their performance, as well as to help promote the matches by posting stills and clips.
I’m analog (very low tech), but, have no issues learning to interlace or edit the images /clips (pic in pic) in a way to promote the sport.
Everyone likes to see pics of themselves shooting, what’s the best (non intrusive/distracting) way to get there?
I need suggestions for equipment as well as apps/software. I’m thinking 3-4 cameras simultaneously recording.
Posted here cause I just don’t know the best place to ask.

Admins please feel free to relocate this thread if there is a better forum.
Thanks

A shooter on the gun never notices a camera. Just keep them out of the way of any movement and you should be good.

Reactions: obx22
I just recently saw an add for some cameras that yo put out by the target that sends the info back in real time. This one allowed up to 5 cameras to be hooked up together, and hadd a range of up to two miles. Im sure theres provision for memory.

Try Brownell's

Last edited:
I just recently saw an add for some cameras that yo put out by the target that sends the info back in real time. This one allowed up to 5 cameras to be hooked up together, and hadd a range of up to two miles. Im sure theres provision for memory.
My partner in crime purchased such a unit, we tested out to 500yds with the rimfires. Don’t have a clue how you would interlace the images with a shooter, but it’s promising.

My partner in crime purchased such a unit, we tested out to 500yds with the rimfires. Don’t have a clue how you would interlace the images with a shooter, but it’s promising.
Just found this at Brownell's

Kdenlive editing software. Allows merging, blending, placing multiple video and audio streams with graphic overlays. Lots of tutorials out there also. And, it's open source/free.