• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Final tuning B14R at long range

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I was out yesterday, final tuning my B14R with EC V2 tuner. This is 2 - 5 shot groups shot at 400 yds shot with SK Long Range. The wind was 3 to 10 mph. I was just looking for vertical as I was tuning. I knew wind would be pushing right and left. The 2.25" group has 1.5" of vertical, the 2.5" has 1.75" of vertical. I got a good wind condition for these groups, shot a few minutes apart. I know these are not the norm, but are the best groups I have shot at 400yds. I am glad to keep them on a 8" plate. Groups at 200yds run half these in good wind conditions. Tuners really work. This is NOT a April fools joke!

Attachments

• tempImagefUviJ8.png
    tempImagefUviJ8.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I was out yesterday, final tuning my B14R with EC V2 tuner. This is 2 - 5 shot groups shot at 400 yds shot with SK Long Range. The wind was 3 to 10 mph. I was just looking for vertical as I was tuning. I knew wind would be pushing right and left. The 2.25" group has 1.5" of vertical, the 2.5" has 1.75" of vertical. I got a good wind condition for these groups, shot a few minutes apart. I know these are not the norm, but are the best groups I have shot at 400yds. I am glad to keep them on a 8" plate. Groups at 200yds run half these in good wind conditions. Tuners really work. This is NOT a April fools joke!
How much elevation did you need at 400? What scope did you use?
Impressive results!

Following as I’ve been considering the EC, only gripe is every one I’ve seen is gloss, and I’d rather have a matte finish to both match the barrel and not cause flash in the scope (since I’m planning to run even more tilt on my scope base).

The EC tuner does what it's designed to do. I prefer the Gen 1 over the Gen 2. That's just personal preference though.

Solid results. keep it up.

How much elevation did you need at 400? What scope did you use?
Impressive results!
I have Vortex Strike Eagles in Burris XTR rings. I'm at the bottom with a 50 yds zero. I can dial to 500yds ( 29 mils) 400 is around 20 to 21 mils with SK Long Range.

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
I was out yesterday, final tuning my B14R with EC V2 tuner. This is 2 - 5 shot groups shot at 400 yds shot with SK Long Range. The wind was 3 to 10 mph. I was just looking for vertical as I was tuning. I knew wind would be pushing right and left. The 2.25" group has 1.5" of vertical, the 2.5" has 1.75" of vertical. I got a good wind condition for these groups, shot a few minutes apart. I know these are not the norm, but are the best groups I have shot at 400yds. I am glad to keep them on a 8" plate. Groups at 200yds run half these in good wind conditions. Tuners really work. This is NOT an April fools joke!
Out of curiosity are you running a steel or carbon barrel? I was planning to get one for myself but I’m hearing it doesn’t do much for the steel barrel, which I have. Wondering if this is true or not

Out of curiosity are you running a steel or carbon barrel? I was planning to get one for myself but I’m hearing it doesn’t do much for the steel barrel, which I have. Wondering if this is true or not
Mine is steel, works great

But how can I use use an EC tuner with a suppressor?

@ErikCortina

Oops, didn’t notice this was the Rimfire Forum.My apologies.
Same question for center fires.

Last edited: