• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally a good day to do some long range shooting!

marku

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2008
Illinois
Finally 75 degrees with a 5mph wind!

I went out today and shot (For the first time) 950yds!! What a absolute blast. The Patriot Fat Boy brake on it allows you to see where your bullet hits thru the scope. I dialed in 6.8 mills with no windage. The wind was slightly blowing right to left. The shot impacted around 6" to the left of the target. I held over a bit to compensate in the scope and the second shot was right on the money. JBM ballistic computer really impressed me with how accurate it can be. I had hit around a 85%-90% of the time shooting only 15 rounds. The target is a 20"x20" steel plate painted blaze orange. I had 3 shots on it around 4.5" but Im not counting it as a group because there were shots all over the target. If anyones looking for a longrange cartridge the 7mm-300wsm with the 180gr VLD is VERY hard to beat.

Re: Finally a good day to do some long range shooting!

Sounds like you have a blast. From what you're saying the stick is right on. Don't forget to take some pictures next time.

Mind if I ask, what was the load?

61.5 gr h4831sc, fed 210m, win brass .309 bushing .010 off lands