• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally an M1A for me!!

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
yes!!I finally have one!!I have been lusting for one since I started going to gunshops 5 years ago, i always hold it check it out, so finally today I decided to just do it!,I had to trade my DW CBOB(unfired) that i bought 2years ago:(,it was NOT an easy decision for me,I like that 1911 but I really really like to get the M1A,I did not add any money,just my Buckmark w/ tacsol barrel barrel(which the barrel was well used) and my 1911, straight up trade, any how here it is my M1A with National Match stainless barrel..

M1A001.jpg

M1A002.jpg

M1A003.jpg

M1A004.jpg

M1A006.jpg

M1A007.jpg

Re: Finally an M1A for me!!

Nice rifle. You will enjoy it. Now replace the plastic stock with some walnut and you will be in business.

grats - M1A's are fun and a nice piece of history. I shoot my Super Match often and enjoy it. Don't buy the cheap Chinese crap mags - they misfeed like crazy - CMI mags work great!

thanks guys I can't wait to shoot it, I still have to do some reading and what not about it, just basic things about M1A,i don't think i will change anything maybe a scope mount for christmas, maybe..

Looks like you're off to a good start! Congrats! I am sure you will really enjoy the rifle and all of the the options that are available.

There are many good scope mounts available nowadays. Sadlak and Smith make great scope mounts.

Good Luck!

Tom O.

44mag has the best price on CMI mags that I've seen. Congrats on the rifle. Standing by for range report.

Nothing like that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you get a rifle your wanted for some time. Hope it is everything you hoped for. I enjoy mine. If you scope it take a hard look at the Super Sniper 3-9.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vikz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes!!I finally have one!!</div></div>

Outstanding!

What are your plans for it other than cleaning, greasing and shooting it?

No NO NO! Sell it, trade it, give it away. You've bought an obcession. I have 3 with another build under way. It starts with the match rifle then you need a rack grade then a CQB short barrel, then this , then that. Enjoy! But don't say I didn't warn you

range report with vids and pic..

Hello folks! I was able to try my M1A today and man I love this thing!!I only had 40 rounds becs i just want to get zeroed at 100yds but that did not happen becs stupid me I started fiddling with the sights even before i shot it so I ended up wasting 20 rounds trying too zero at 100yds
mad.gif
.So on my last box I decided to just do my zero at 50yds,I finally figure out where my shots are going half way with my last box :(, so here is my last 5 shots the shot above was my last 3, 1/2 inch at 50yds is not that bad right??Here is a video of me and my target at 50yds..

here is my target using federal 150gr..
M1A1911003.jpg

Re: range report with vids and pic..

That's pretty good actually. You'll find with some practice that few rifles can shoot as well with irons.

Re: range report with vids and pic..

Welcome to the addiction/obsession brother --- you'll never look back.
and +1 on what RTL said.