• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FInally bought an LPVO... Meopta 1 - 6 x 24

Xshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Evansville, WI
It's a FFP with the Z-Plus reticle (MOA). I really couldn't use a scope with a set ballistic type reticle, because I hand load and prefer 68 - 77 grain bullets.

Scope will be mounted on my light weight 16" 5.56 AR that is primarily used for home defense of my rural property. A top end of 6X is most adequate for my needs of < 300 yards.

First impressions are positive. At 1x the reticle is visible as a very fine line to my old eyes. At 1.5x I can pick up reticle subtensions, but they still pretty fine. Reticle and subtensions get heavier as magnification increases, as expected, but not overly heavy even at 6x IMHO.

Glass is impressive, considering I only paid $473.00 for the scope. Red dot is not daylight bright, but for my intended use acceptable. At 1x dot is very small, but easily picked up indoors and in low light/night conditions. As magnification increases the dot enlarges and the red dot becomes easier to pick up even in brighter light. Up to this point I've only used the the highest illumination setting. I did test illumination at night with a bright flashlight (Lenzer) to simulate whether or not my rifle weapon light would wash out the red dot. I was happy to find that this is not an issue and I will likely be able to use lower illumination settings.

So far, I've only adjusted the ocular and illumination. They both move smoothly and with precision. Haven't touch the turrets yet, but I'm not too concerned since once the scope is zeroed on my rifle they won't get much use since hold overs will be utilized.

At this point it's a keeper for my intended use as a home defense rifle and occasional varmint dispatcher.

I'll get it mounted up in the near future.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today but usps is screwed up as usual. I bought the same scope.

Reactions: JS8588
@Xshot, any chance you could do a couple ret shots through the scope ? Thinking about picking one of these up and i am curious how the small the ret is, ty