• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Finally Completed my Savage 110 FCPK

Dhowland

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Western Washington
So like many of you I have been dreaming and saving my pennies to build my dream rifle. Well finally that day has come. Now just saving for some good glass but I can still have fun with what I have on it for now (SS 16x42). The build started out as a bone stock Savage 110 FCPK chambered in .300 Win Mag that I had picked up used. I spent the next few years honing my skills while stashing $5 and $10 here and there when I could. Its not easy when you and your wife are both going to school while raising 2 kiddos. I found that this rifle loves Bergers 230gr OTMs making clover leaf groups at 200yds which will send them at 2700fps and keep them supersonic tell 1600yds. The big problem I had with the rifle is the Savage Accustock. It caused so many limitations. The mags didn't allow the rounds that I was feeding it to fit so I had to single load them. I also detested the bottom bolt release that Savage put on a few of their rifles and made my aftermarket stock options few and expensive. So I decided just bite the bullet and just spend the money to have it all done right. So the first thing I did when I had all the funds saved up was order a Manners elite tactical T4A. With a 20 week waiting period that gave me some time to have some work done to the rifle before I had to send it in to Manners for inletting, bedding and pillars. I also ordered a CDI bottom metal with a accurate-mag magazine with a little extra col room. I had the bolt fluted by The Twisted Barrel and had the bolt knob done by Phoenix Custom Rifles then sent the rifle to Stockade Gun Stocks to have Kevin Rahill do his magic. I had him true and time the receiver with a new recoil lug, tune the trigger, convert it to the older style bolt release and install a older style barrel nut. After receiving it back from Stockade Gun Stocks it was time to send it to Manners for inletting in the new stock. Then it was just a very difficult waiting game as I was excited to get it back. When Manners was completed with it they sent it to Branden (shortbus) at Custom Gun Coatings. There he cerakoted the barrel, action and bottom metal Patriot brown with black bolt and black flutes. He painted the stock with a reverse night-stalker camo but replaced the OD green with Patriot brown. Finally after weeks of anticipation I got it back. I replaced the muzzle brake with a Silencer Co. Saker Trifecta Muzzle brake so I can eventually mount a Saker suppressor to it. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but I will give a report within the next week or two.

Attachments

• photo-1-S.jpg
    photo-1-S.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 19
  • photo-2-S.jpg
    photo-2-S.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20130511_184527-S.jpg
    20130511_184527-S.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 18
  • photo-5-S.jpg
    photo-5-S.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
I just placed an order for my Manners, did they do a full bed job or is it just enough to get the pillars in there? If it hasn't been painted over could you take a couple pics of it for me?

more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    981.9 KB · Views: 13
Great story to go with a great rifle build! If I don't go with a chassis I want the same stock on my FCP-K in 308.

I love me some Savage and that one is sick as fuuuck!!!

I also saved my pennies and built a 260 on a 110 action and stuck it in a Mcmillan A3. I think Savages are an excellent choice for those of us who can't afford to go full custom.......although I am seeing a Shilen DGR action in my future.

I'm just starting my "build" so hopefully it'll go pretty well. Picked up the PTG bottom metal, it seems pretty beefy, hopefully it'll function just as good as it feels

Seriously take a look at Custom Gun Coatings too. Branden has great prices and does some of they greatest work I've seen. He is real close to Manners so he can pick it up from them.