• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally ditching the G19. Need new CCW piece. 43x Vs Sig 365xl Vs Sig P320x.

EotS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2020
South
Well, not ditching the g19. Just regailing it to a vehicle pistol.

I'm just wanting a new ccw piece. Rds ready is a must.

My GF has a 43x. Typical Glock. Feels Ok, nothing great. I'm used to that as I've owned plenty of glocks.

The 365xl. Definitely feels better. Conceals about the same as the Glock.

Wildcard is the 320x. I definitely like the extra rounds, but am I really gaining anything over my g19, aside from ergos?

What's the overall take on reliability? I know the Glock will run. No worries there. Any quirks with the Sig offerings?

I have the x and she runs great now but during initial first 200 rounds I had 3 stovepipes. mine needed generous lube initially but now will run with any ammo, any weight with little to no lube (I keep it lubed). Has about 3500 rds down the pipe and not a single issue since that first day. I find the size to be perfect, not too small and not too big and you can 'feel' it in your hand. Not sure the comparable weights but I like the feel of it, balanced and no snap to the shot. Not a fan of g19 at all. Have yet to play with the 365

I went from a G19 to a 320X then a 365X. The 365X is perfect as far as I am concerned, it is small holds 12 in the mag and the red dot is great for 50 year old eyes. My buddy bought one after I got mine and has retired his 19. My wife liked mine so much she took mine and I had to go pick me up another.

I am a big fan of the 43X mainly because of how thin it is and it fits my hand so well. I have decided to keep with the 10 round mags as opposed to the 15 option simply for less weight. The only change is the prerequisite for all Glocks, better sights...

Reactions: MRADical
I own both the 320x and a 365x. My EDC is the 365. It’s just easier for me to carry than the 320.

Reactions: GONE BAD
std size 365 with the Wilson Combat grip module
whole different gun

Attachments

• B044250A-7FD8-4350-AA5A-E7AF4F1ECA47.jpeg
    B044250A-7FD8-4350-AA5A-E7AF4F1ECA47.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 212
I’ve been carrying a G19 since about 2005 and have probably 10k rounds through it. I replaced the guide rod/spring at around 8k & replaced the magazine springs a time or two and had to change the night sights after they stopped glowing a couple years ago. I ‘want’ a new CC piece, but struggle finding a ‘better’ gun that will replace the reliability and familiarity I have. Maybe if I wanted a RDS that’d give me more motivation? I don’t know. I say all that to say, there’s nothing wrong with a G19 and that’s probably what I’ll stick with for the foreseeable future, despite my urge of wanting ‘something new.’

As an aside, my brother in law bought a Springfield Hellcat against my advice that he let me shoot. I was surprised at how impressed I was by that firearm. I debated buying one, but then…read above.

I carried a G19 for a decade. I downsized to a 365XL. You can’t beat the capacity/size ratio. I’ve put a couple boxes of HP’s and a case of FMJ’s through mine without issue. It’s an easy to shoot well gun. A difference I have noticed is with a Glock if you don’t practice regularly it takes a few rounds to get to hitting POA. With the XL I can go a month or two without practice, pull it out and make center hits easily.

I have a 320c and 365xl and like them both. I’ve had the 320 for several years and it has worked really well for me. I’ve had a few light strikes on cheap Russian Ammo, but no tower malfunctions. Easily 3-4K rounds through it. It is pretty big though compared to a g19. I have no problem concealing it appendix under a flannel or sweatshirt though. The 365xl is definitely a better dedicated carry gun, but the stippling is pretty aggressive so you’ll want a layer between the grip and your skin. It conceals for me under a tee shirt. No malfunctions with the 365xl, but only a few hundred rounds through it

Shoot ‘em all and buy what you shoot best.
I really didn’t want the p365. Sad fact is that I can shoot very, very well with it compared to all the other EDC pistols I own …..the next best /previous EDC was my P7.

Last edited:
A 365 WITH the 365XL Grip/frame is the best option when it comes to sigs.

barrel and slide are flush with the frame, grip extends downward longer (unless you have tiny hands, truly tiny, not exaggerated).

I think Sig even offers the above combo now in a production pistol? 365X maybe?

I did the above when I got my 365 a few years ago and bumped up to 12 round mags. Nothing compares to it in compactness, especially if you need appendix carry.

Well, not ditching the g19. Just regailing it to a vehicle pistol.

I'm just wanting a new ccw piece. Rds ready is a must.

My GF has a 43x. Typical Glock. Feels Ok, nothing great. I'm used to that as I've owned plenty of glocks.

The 365xl. Definitely feels better. Conceals about the same as the Glock.

Wildcard is the 320x. I definitely like the extra rounds, but am I really gaining anything over my g19, aside from ergos?

What's the overall take on reliability? I know the Glock will run. No worries there. Any quirks with the Sig offerings?
G43x with the Shield mags and magazine catch. Much easier to conceal and same amount of firepower..YMMV.

yeah the 43x is a game changer with the shield 15 round mags. with tulster aiwb holster, easy on/off with the clip. can't imagine anything else being better for concealed carry with the mix of size and capacity.

I have a 365XL, carry with a flush 12 rnd and have a 15rnd spare. It is the first gun I am comfortable carrying all day every day. A buddy has a 43X, he seems to like it. I prefer the 365XL when the 2 are side by side. Only downside is it can be a bit to handle with hotter ammo, not a problem for those of us who shoot often are are capable and able bodied. Women, children, someone who's lost body mass due to illness or other medical reasons, will probably think it's too much with some 124+P HST. I wouldn't make it a habit to consistently feed your handgun 124 +P HST regardless, but just FYI if you use that or similar for a carry round

I have the Sig 365XL and love it. It is small, light, accurate & reliable. It is a joy to carry compared to anything I've carried so far. It has flush fitting 12 round mags and I carry spare 15 rounders. I was shocked at how much I like this gun. I have never been a fan of plastic striker fired guns, especially Glocks.

for what it's worth,i designated my 19 to the car and 365 carry. had a taurus cx4 just to compare with the sig. if i didn't have a 365,i would happily carry the taurus. was it as "good" as the sig? no,but seemed very accurate,sturdy,reliable and easy to use. sig $200 better? not IMHO.

I really like these, they look and feel better than stock bases.

Unless I missed it I see no logical way to make a suggestion as we do not know why you are changing?
You want larger? Smaller? Different cal? Better trigger?

FWIW. I don't like sub guns for EDC I think they're harder to grip, difficult to shoot well or accurately, and more prone to malfunction. I use either an S&W M&P compact 9mm or a Glock 19 Gen 5. To me the very small difference in concealment isn't worth the loss of my safety. Not to mention anyone standing close to my intended target. :oops: Although, the 43x might change my mind...

i-s7nnQW2-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
FWIW. I don't like sub guns for EDC I think they're harder to grip, difficult to shoot well or accurately, and more prone to malfunction.. To me the very small difference in concealment isn't worth the loss of my safety.

+1

P-10C RMR.jpg

This thing grips. draws, and shoots exactly like its full size version, the only difference is easier concealment.

P-10F SRO.jpg

The Hellcat now ships with 15 round mags and can be configured with a compensator and external safety. Carries and shoots well, IMO.

I had a regular 365 first, only carried it with the extended 12rd mags so I got a 365X. Put magguts +2 in both 12rd mags making the gun 14+1, it’s the perfect carry gun for me. 1 less round then my G19 and much smaller.

I really wanted to like the hellcat more then I did but it just didn’t feel good in my hands.

Reactions: PDXGS and MJF
I too carried a G19 for years and never had any real complaints with it. I however was slow to accept that good holsters make a difference (plus I was a poor with three kids and junior military pay) and using a size 15 Uncle Mikes for so long had a detrimental affect on my back. When I switched to something much better, the back problems were mostly alleviated.

Now, I change my CCW frequently to match my shoes. Think "Don't be a Menace to Society While Drinking your Juice in the Hood".

I have carried the 320Xcarry, G43x, G43, G48 plus a bunch of larger frame pistols when the weather cooperates. To me the G43 is too small to have to rely on in a serious situation.

I personally think the G48 is the best combination of size, ease of carry and capability. I switched over to the SA-15s and it hasn't had a single hitch in it's giddy up. I prefer the G48 over the G43x due to the longer sight radius. It is definitely easier to aim well and quickly. You can get a full hand grip on either the 43x or 48. Some would obviously point out the additional barrel length, but I've never had a problem concealing barrel length. The thinness of the 43x and 48 make them more comfortable to conceal in my opinion than anything else I've tried. Of course, I'm only talking about pistols large enough to be effective in a self defense engagement.

How do you conceal and what do you want in a gun?

I decided to try the Enigma system, came from carrying a 3" 1911 in a Tier One Axis Slim, also carried it in an Invisituck extreme tuck at times, had Milt Sparks for it etc... I don't cheap out on holsters.

Anyways, now I carry a WCP 320 Carry with the 21 round mag in this Enigma system, it's crazy comfortable and I can conceal this thing with a tucked in shirt.

I still have a Tier One AIWB on the way, went Aegis Elite this time, really just for the hell of it. Also have Tier One's strong side, though that ain't going great, tried about 10,000 different configurations and it still isn't worthwhile but I'm still working on it.

But this Enigma system makes carrying fuller size guns cake, I get my slide is the carry 3.9" but the slide isn't the worry, I have the full-size Wilson grip which has a bit of mag flare on the end as well, and I also have the long 21 round mag in it.

You don't need to remove it to go to the bathroom, you don't need a belt on your pants if you don't want, wear jogging shorts if that's your thing. So you can go from suit wearing job duty to Jogger shorts and a Tshirt and run the same carry rig, you don't need to shrink down the gun or pocket carry or whatever to suit the activity.

I sound like a fangirl, but the thing just hit magic level when I first put it on, threw in my 320 with the 21 round mag, tucked my undershirt in, "just to see," and saw that it disappeared. With a light cotton T shirt, from 8+1 to 21+1 just like that, that was my introduction into how my 320 would carry vs my 1911... no problem whatsoever and I've got 13 more rounds in this combo.

I tell you, for as much shit as they get, I had the Urban Carry G3 for my 1911 and I liked that too, sure, it was going to cost you a little on draw to first shot, but she's concealed, and it was very comfortable too, great for those "I cannot let my firearm be seen, period," moments. Though this Enigma system does that well enough that I won't even consider the Urban Carry this time.

Don't think I'd have an interest in a small gun now, it is just a big WHY, when you can completely conceal full size capacity guns. Thought weight of gun hasn't ever bothered me.

I'm 6'1 and about 185/190, so I'm not exactly a huge dude either. So I carry a WCP 320 Carry in the Enigma system, gun has the 21rd mag in it and I carry an extra 21rd mag as well.

It's common for aftermarket mags to not be as reliable as OEM mags, so I'd wait until the Shield Arms mags (for Glocks) have been readily available to the general public for at least 6-7 yrs before taking that plunge- they've already had to make revisions. Also the Shield Arms metal mag release is essential over the OEM Glock polymer button for reliability and durability.

If you decide to stay with Glock I'd only use OEM mags for the g43x/48... Also, choose the g43x for its smaller size over the g48.

If you're going to stop EDC'ing the g19 and want something noticeably smaller I'd go p365, p365x, or p365xl.

Reactions: PDXGS
Oh, and I put the DPM Recoil system in my 320, I believe they make them for many of the popular guns, and it is butter smooth.

Further, when asking them about spring lifespan I got this back from them:

"Our systems have been tested for more than 500.000 rounds and they were full functional after testing.

We cover our products with life-time guarantee and in case you wish to replace the external springs we will charge you only the shipping cost to your address."​

Would seem to be way worth it as of now, not a single even glance at a hickup and I'm running her to failure right now to see how long she goes, was -32 Fahrenheit here yesterday morning and I've got a range I built right out my back door.

We'll see what things look like when she starts slowing down and stovepipes or fails to feed, if it happens... I'll clean it at 1,000rds of no cleaning if it makes it.

In addition to the 365 family and 320x Compact, the hk vp9sk and cz p10s are really appealing. So many great options in the polymer striker pistol market. There are just so many solid choices in poly striker pistols in terms of grip angle, angle of trigger press to thumb web, trigger guard undercuts, beavertail feel, sights, location of controls...

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshallDodge
Mine is a shield 9mm single stack. Wouldn't want anything larger tbh.

I have owned 2 P320s one was a fucking dog the other is the Xfull and it's better. Would swap it for a 19 with night sights though.

Mine is a shield 9mm single stack. Wouldn't want anything larger tbh.

I have owned 2 P320s one was a fucking dog the other is the Xfull and it's better. Would swap it for a 19 with night sights though.
I thought the S&W Shield was a staggered stack and not single?

The XFull is nice but probably bigger than a g17. I think the XCarry is a little bigger than a g19, and the XCompact about the size of a 19.

Can't beat any of those pistols we mentioned.

I thought the S&W Shield was a staggered stack and not single?

The XFull is nice but probably bigger than a g17. I think the XCarry is a little bigger than a g19, and the XCompact about the size of a 19.

Can't beat any of those pistols we mentioned.

I'm looking at the mag now it's pretty straight lol. The new plus version holds 10 or 12 I can't recall.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I have been carrying a G43 for years, my wife bought herself a 365, it’s smaller, holds 10+1, and shoots great, I will be getting a 365 for me soon

Reactions: Milf Dots
I like the 19 for potential hostile environments. That's my duty gun. Beauty of the 19 is in it's adaptability. Extended mags, RDS, threaded barrel, WML, you've got a capable fighting pistol.

Take the light off and use a flush mag and you can conceal it pretty easily.

Having said that, off duty I've been carrying a 43x MOS and that thing packs a lot of features into a small package too.

Holosun 409k, Stream light TLR7 sub, Shield Arms 15rd mags... drop it in a Blackpoint Miniwing and it's damn concealable and you've got most of the capability of the G19.

Throw an extended mag in a back pocket with a sticky holster and you're pretty well loaded up if trouble comes looking for you 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I was playing around with a few of the p320 line at scheels the other day... the 320 X compact has been causing me problems. Man I want that thing. The grip is like nothing else. Like a well contoured broom handle.

I carried a G19 for a decade. I downsized to a 365XL. You can’t beat the capacity/size ratio. I’ve put a couple boxes of HP’s and a case of FMJ’s through mine without issue. It’s an easy to shoot well gun. A difference I have noticed is with a Glock if you don’t practice regularly it takes a few rounds to get to hitting POA. With the XL I can go a month or two without practice, pull it out and make center hits easily.
This mirrors my experience after carrying a G19 since 2001. I grabbed a 365XL on a whim just to see what the excitement was about. First time out I was able to clean the plate rack as if I'd been shooting it for a long time. For me, it was a no brainer, the 365XL is what I carry now.

I became totally gay over Sig 320s after being sucked into buying a M18 USMC commemorative.

Liked it so much it begat a 320 Scorpion that mounts an RMR.

If they would only put their slide lock some fucking place holding the pistol correctly wouldn't interfere with lock back.......

Carrying the Scorpion is now the equal of my Commander with bitty, bitty boolits.

Reactions: Milf Dots and BCP
I'll gladly accept an extra 1/2" in grip length and an extra 1/2" of slide length when it also comes with five more rounds.

Those numbers are wrong- the p365XL holds 12+1, so it's only an extra 3 rounds for the CZ.

And the overall length diff shows about 3/4 inch.

Also, the CZ P10c is a quarter inch wider all over the place to accommodate that wider 15 round mag. The p365XL is one inch wide except at the bottom of the flared magwell.

I like both pistols but they're in two different size categories and serve separate roles.

Regardless, I'll be getting a CZ p10 at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Appalachian
Those numbers are wrong- the p365XL holds 12+1, so it's only an extra 3 rounds for the CZ.

And the overall length diff shows about 3/4 inch.

Also, the CZ P10c is a quarter inch wider all over the place to accommodate that wider 15 round mag. The p365XL is one inch wide except at the bottom of the flared magwell.

I like both pistols but they're in two different size categories and serve separate roles.

Regardless, I'll be getting a CZ p10 at some point.

3 rounds is 3 more. Length difference is irrelevant, it's inside the pants. And if I'm feeling frisky I'll grab one of my P-10F magazines with Henning extensions which fit 22 rounds and are still easily concealable under a polo

I don't wear spandex so .25" (arguably) more thickness is also a non issue.

Frankly I'm over the "deep ultra concealment" thing. IDGAF if my pistol prints for a second or two while I move.

I'd rather have a pistol that is, as far as my hands are concerned, the same as the one I compete with. I can shoot both equally fast which is pretty fucking fast indeed with the accuracy needed to shred someone's cardiac cavity.

Last edited:
3 rounds is 3 more. Length difference is irrelevant, it's inside the pants. And if I'm feeling frisky I'll grab one of my P-10F magazines with Henning extensions which fit 22 rounds and are still easily concealable under a polo

I don't wear spandex so .25" (arguably) more thickness is also a non issue.

Frankly I'm over the "deep ultra concealment" thing. IDGAF if my pistol prints for a second or two while I move.

I'd rather have a pistol that is, as far as my hands are concerned, the same as the one I compete with. I can shoot both equally fast which is pretty fucking fast indeed with the accuracy needed to shred someone's cardiac cavity.
I think the bigger issue is that most guys buy a concealment pistol and seldom train with it.

I also think its worth it to get greater capacity whenever possible, if the trade off is minimal. I have 3-4 spare mags usually in the vehicle with me, but dont have a mag carrier I like, yet. So at any given time Im usually running around with my 365 with just the 12 rounder.

I shoot a few sigs, my 365 is closer to my 320 than my 226 or 229, or the 3 other sigs Ive owned, but I also train exclusively with my 365 to correct this bad habit(3x 10 hour/all day classes so far with that pistol alone). In the past, my carry gun was the least used, just out of habit.

I dont compete but still agree with your overall point. You should be running the gear you're most familiar with. If there's a compact/carry version of your most used pistol, start there.

Reactions: 308pirate
I think the bigger issue is that most guys buy a concealment pistol and seldom train with it

My personal observation is that most people who own handguns simply cannot shoot one to any kind of adequate standard.