• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally Finished...Again.

81sfo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2008
    USA HOU TX
    I think i finally got this rifle right.After trying two other barreled actions and three different scopes, looks like im now happy.
    RWS trued Rem700 action,Rock m24/m40 308 1-10 twist 19.5" barrel length, and 21.5" to the end of the surefire brake. Badger Knob. Badger 20 moa base, Badger USMC 34mm rings,Schmidt and Bender PMII 3-12x50.Bagder M5 bottom metal.Turner Bio-thane sling,IBA stock pack.Mcmillian A1-3 OD molded color.Harris bipods.
    Its amazing how well the surefire brake reduces recoil,and increases the loudness of the shot.I hope to one day get a Surefire Suppressor.
    Im getting good results with 155 scenars and 178 amax out to 400yds,longer distances to come.

3-ax.jpg

4-ax.jpg

2-ax.jpg

100 yds load development 175smks,178amax,155 scenars.Its Before changing out the heavy 5lb Xmark trigger for an old style remington that is set at 2.5 lbs.i hope to tighten the groups up as i put more rounds thru the tube.maybe adjust the nut behind the trigger?ME.round count now is about 85.
    5-ax.jpg

Re: Finally Finished...Again.

Pool of sweat?Itslike 104 degrees here,but no pool..

there are tons of nice rigs on here, but every now and then one comes up that just...hurts deep down inside. jealousy maybe?

anyways, this is one of those that hurts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are tons of nice rigs on here, but every now and then one comes up that just...hurts deep down inside. jealousy maybe?

anyways, this is one of those that hurts.</div></div>

Thanks, and to think this was once your rem700 action that you sold me!Gona go strech it out tomorrow to 600yds.more pics to come.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice stick Jose. </div></div>

thanks G, see you at the range!

Heres pics of todays range shoot to 600 yds.85-95 degrees with about 110 percent humidity!Mirage was crazy at times,couldnt see shot impacts on shoot n C targets.Bacarrat and I then just shot the crap out of the 8" steel.The 7mmWSM cracked the 3/4" steel twice!! Had fun but lost out about 2 gallons worth of sweat.
    I think i love this rifle,its shooting outstanding with 155 scenars 46 grains of W748,CCI military primers.2.820" oal.Lapua and Hornady brass.

600 yds
    mike5.jpg

600yds thru my Leupold Mk4 HD Spotting scope, Note steel target hanging at far right.
    range.jpg

8" x 3/4" steel target,note the two cracks thanks to Bacarrats 7mmWSM with 180 bergers!
    range6.jpg

range2.jpg

range4.jpg

range3.jpg

I ordered the same stock from GA, how is the cheek rest(I don't think I'm saying it correctly) with that scope and what height rings are you using? Do you like the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prbulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered the same stock from GA, how is the cheek rest(I don't think I'm saying it correctly) with that scope and what height rings are you using? Do you like the stock? </div></div>
    The comb is high enough for .883" standard badger rings, or .885" Nightforce and Mk4 rings but these are 34mm and the lowest that Badger makes is 1." so i had to use the IBA stock pack for added height of the stock comb.
    In my opinion the A1-3 stock is the best non adjustable stock Mcmillan makes.If you dont mind the 13.5 length of pull and the shorter fore end.Its about two inches shorter than the a1.It works great with 18-22" barrels anything longer i recommend the A1.

I'm ordered a 18 in w/surefire break. I also fluted the barrel and used a templer action. I was in a class a few months ago in Texas and tried a Terry Cross stock and loved it and I have been having second thoughts on the A1-3, but it will arrive next week, that is why I have been looking for positive feed back on the A1-3.

A true work of art brother!! Damn good shooting too! Glad your on our side.

asc? when did they put steel out on the 600? they used to have a hell of a ditch down that 600 yrd range about 500 yards into it..if you were on a atv you were gonna go for a ride.

HA! to think that action was sitting around as a paperweight on my desk for about a month.

miracles can happen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">asc? when did they put steel out on the 600? they used to have a hell of a ditch down that 600 yrd range about 500 yards into it..if you were on a atv you were gonna go for a ride.</div></div>
    As far as i know its since two weeks ago they put the REBAR swing out there to hang steel,i didnt question it ,im taking advantage while its there!better than killing paper for sure.

HHHooooo, 600 yards, wish that was close to my backyard. Great looking rifle, enjoy...

Rough day shooting. Nothing like sweating your ass off at 9AM. Mirage was horrible, I could barely see through my NF at 15x, the lines were moving all over the place. Thanks to 81sfo for shooting my rifle to get it on target at 600. There is a huge difference in bullet arc from the 308 to the 7WSM. The 7 looks like a lazer, you could hardly see the drop at 600 yards. Did have one good .5 MOA group at 600 in the adverse conditions. Then spent most of the time trying to hit the steel plate at 600. First shot hit was pretty cool.
    smile.gif

The XM3 is pretty freakin sweet to shoot with the Surefire brake. I have felt 223s that have hit harder then this rifle. Hitting the steel at 600 was easy with this rifle, which was pretty hard to see when the Gen 2 Mildot was covering most of the plate, this one is a keeper. Shooting a target a little bigger then 1 MOA is pretty hard, but a good challenge to do.