• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FINALLY Finished AICS 300WM Build! Thanks! pics

pcweidman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
www.facebook.com
Well guys I finally got my AICS 300wm build "finished". Nothing is ever finished and there are a few things that are being added and tweeked in the next few days to round it off. I want to thank The Hide for all of the good advice on this build and for all the FLAMES I got from the many 'mall ninjas' on this site offering all their deep knowledge. You can tell the guys that have great experience and knowledge and I very much appreciate you!

The final assembly and machine work were done by Accurate Ordinance in Georgia. What can I say about Mark, Jason, and David. These guys are class guys that work with you to make HIGH quality work in a timely fashion for a great price. I had some engraving done on the weapon in Latin and a special font and they got it done! I also work in science for a living and have that kind of brain and am sure I was wearing Mark out with technical questions but he was right there with the answer wearing a smile! I will send them my next build which I think is going to be a .375 CheyTac but we will see. SEND THESE GUYS BUSINESS THEY ARE BAD ASS! My gun is shooting inside a quarter at 100yrds and I have been hitting steel all weekend at 500. No chance to move out farther yet. I'm headed to AIM this week to test it out farther.

Here are the details:
- AICS Non Folder Dark Earth
- Stiller TAC300 Action w/ Surgeon Bolt Knob
- Timney Med Shoe Trigger 2.25lbs
- Hart X-Heavy Varmint w/ Helical Flutes; 6 Button Groove
- APA Little Jimmy Brake
- Graphite Black Cerakote across the whole barreled Action
- Vortex PST 6-24 w/ high rings
- Custom bilateral Rails for accessories
- Sitemark Contour Camera Mount w/ Contour HD Camera
- Stock spacer extension kit from Mile High
- RedTag Battle Patch/Ammo Card Velcro Mount
- Versapod AI BiPod with spicket mount. (arriving today)

To Be Added:
- Nicer Rings/Mount
- IR mount for night hog hunting

PICS:
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u597/pcweidman/AICS4_zpsda053541.jpg

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u597/pcweidman/AICS3_zps6a2e5cff.jpg

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u597/pcweidman/AICS2_zpseaaa7368.jpg

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u597/pcweidman/AICS1_zpse4a32dd9.jpg

Re: FINALLY Finished AICS 300WM Build! Thanks! pics

Here you go.
----------------

PICS:
AICS4_zpsda053541.jpg

AICS3_zps6a2e5cff.jpg

AICS2_zpseaaa7368.jpg

AICS1_zpse4a32dd9.jpg

When you get your new rings make sure to do some measuring to get that Objective closer to the bore. Unless you like it that high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pcweidman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Onemoretime! </div></div>

No problem... it's a nice rifle.

Yeah I've got a 2.5 inch sight height right now. I am going to get it done thats for sure. JUST TAKES MONEY BABY!

C

You can usually find some badgers floating around the FS section for $100-$150 shipped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pcweidman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm 6'2 225 Athletic Build. I dont mind totin this hog! </div></div>

I think he was commenting on your Length of Pull. You must have pretty long arms or you haven't adjusted it to fit you yet.

hahaha I know I get it OMT! I think a lot of it is personal preference. I feel like on AICS's I am jammed right up in the ass of the rifle with the spacers they provide. I will probably bring my kit out to the range this week and try it at various lengths of butt stock. It may be a little long because I really dont have longer arms than anyone else I would imagine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pcweidman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hahaha I know I get it OMT! I think a lot of it is personal preference. I feel like on AICS's I am jammed right up in the ass of the rifle with the spacers they provide. I will probably bring my kit out to the range this week and try it at various lengths of butt stock. It may be a little long because I really dont have longer arms than anyone else I would imagine. </div></div>

Dude, it's really a preference thing. I'm 5'11" and I have guys shoulder my AR at matches sometimes and comment on my LOP. I just prefer it out further. Of course there is also your height. Good looking stick man, enjoy it.

I have average arm length. It all depends on what kind of shooting you'll be doing. I find with a shorter LOP I can comfortably shoot in more positions.

There is something about spiral fluting that is pure sexy!

Awesome rifle, congrats! Just as important, you definitely have the right ammunition; the Applied Ballistics will do that rifle full justice. Enjoy!

A 300WM in an AICS chassis is what I want to build next. Your pictures are tempting me.

Really sweet Congrats.

Mark at AO stocks Stiller actions and AICS and did not bed anything. We spoke about it and the plan going through the build was bed what needed to be bedded and not save any time money or labor to compromise quality and accuracy. He did not bed anything. Im sure he would be happy to discuss it to the forum if asked. We will see how it turns out but right now I trust it and it shooting lights out.

Yeah I am about to call BL and get him to make me 2 boxes of 230OTM instead of Target Hybrid. I feel the 300 wm is not getting what you can out of the platform unless you are shooting 200gr projectiles. I have shot 180, 190, 195, and 208 out of it so far and I cant tell and hardly a damn bit of accuracy difference. The Superformance 180 is cookin and tends to get a little squirly but that may be conjecture.

Thats one sweet rifle I hope to do a build like that one day.

Very nice rifle.
Did Hart do the fluting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAVEN34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is something about spiral fluting that is pure sexy!
</div></div>

x2.....the day that I build my bolt gun I will be doing a spiral fluted barrel too.

Is that a pistol light on the forend? Rifle looks badass.

No thats a Contour HD Action Camera. I turned it on this weekend actually when I shot a deer and filmed it in 1080p. Its the competition to the gopro type thing.

Yes that my battle pig! hahaha I prefer to hog hunt to anything! I wouldnt normally us a gun like this gun for it but its fun to hit em with 230gr's from a G! Thats my goal right now to do. 1 Hog 1K yards.

I've been distracted with the holidays so just now saw this thread. We greatly appreciate your kind words and are glad you are happy with the results. We enjoyed working with you and appreciated the feedback you gave us after receiving the rifle. Your happiness is very important to us. Thanks again for letting us build this for you.

Happy New Year.

Mark