• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally found one annoying problem with my Bergara B14r carbon!

jackd

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
The B14r carbon is the best 22 lr I have found until finding this!
I have the usual Vortex Diamondback 6-24 mounted in a low mount on an EGW 30 moa rail
I tried to mount a power change lever on the scope! No Bueno! The 90* bolt has me confounded!
Would like to find a small button type that is totally smooth except for the lever/button
Any guidance would be appreciated!!!

Have you tried and rotated the throw lever? I always set mine with the power ring at highest power so bolt handle clears. Works fine. If I can’t get to the lowest power before it hits the stock/action I don’t really care as I almost never use that low anyways. Set it up for the most use.

Tried rob01’s solution just too many projection to get past and o am old so like to use lower powers to find the tiny 1” targets out at 100 then power increase to higher power to shoot when time is available!
Like A&8’s solution, where can that bolt handle be found?
Would still prefer to have a throw lever smooth for 350 degrees with a small “bump” to allow rotation!

You shouldn’t lose much of the low end. Maybe just lowest power. If you can’t do this then something doesn’t sound right. Have anyone else around to try and help?

Here is what I have works just fine on my other rifles but on the B14r the “bumps” get in the way of the bolt handle and /or the bolt it’s self!
Managed a very low mounted scope which I prefer!
Could use some tall rings but they don’t fit my shooting style ( 75 and too old / stubborn to change) 🤣

Attachments

• A59A25CF-C91E-4841-BD53-E867D15698C7.jpeg
    A59A25CF-C91E-4841-BD53-E867D15698C7.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 26
Have you tried and rotated the throw lever? I always set mine with the power ring at highest power so bolt handle clears. Works fine. If I can’t get to the lowest power before it hits the stock/action I don’t really care as I almost never use that low anyways. Set it up for the most use.
i mount mine at 15/16x since i very rarely leave that range for rimfire or centerfire. and wit the lever being vertical it doesnt effect vision seeing the turret

i can get down to 10/12 and up to 20 as needed without bolt issues on a mausingfield/rimx/origin

if im up to 25/27x for zeroing it's a non issue still

Thank you all for your responses
But still would like to find a throw lever without the extra “bumps” I could better deal with the travel issue but the extra protrusions are just too limiting
Any throw levers like I require on the market?

The Vortex switchview has less "bumps".

Also the MGM site has a bunch of different ones.

no bumps

Are you still using the factory trigger unit?? With some work, they can be tuned up and function very nicely.
I will have my trigger scale latter today and will probably find mine to be under 8oz. with a short, crisp pull.

Still my factory trigger shot OK..... At least by my poor standards. I just didn't like it's feel. For $950.00, I think the B14R is a good buy.

BTW... shots 11 and 12 were me being a dunce after a mag change. It was outside at 50 yards. The first time for me in a club setting and
the target was new as well. Still, I like the one shot per target for various reasons. Ammo was Center X straight out of the box. It's a club rule.

I put my 14R into my Vudoo chassis ( MDT LSS Gen2 ) but I didn't realize any substantial improvement. None actually.
Below is my Mr. cheap-skate DOPE card and holder. It's a hunting license holder and a business card sized thing I hade UPS print for
me on thick card stock. I have them hanging on each one of my guns.

Attachments

• 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 72
  • NEW TARGET.jpg
    NEW TARGET.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 7-21-21-A.jpg
    7-21-21-A.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DOPE CARD.jpg
    DOPE CARD.jpg