• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Finally got a little range time with the 260

mike27

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2006
Arkansas, Yellville
I took my tactical rifle rifle out today an shot some impressive(to me anyway) groups with it. I used Reloader 22 which isnt in the Sierra loading manual and I also used VVN560 which isnt in the manual either but both powders shot great. I tried some 120 grain Hornady Amax with CCI BR 2 primers and shot my best group of the day at .109".I also used some 140 Hornady Amax Moly bullets and they shot well also. I shot five groups and all were under a half inch. The rifle specs are below. If you havent tried these powders in your 260, you should.
Stiller Predator action
Kreiger 8.5 twist barrel
HS Precision PSS stock with Karsten cheek piece
Jewell trigger
thanks
mike

Re: Finally got a little range time with the 260

Good job. Can't complain about that accuracy. I have a Kreiger barrel on my 6.5 rifle also and they are accurate. Lets see a pic of your rig.

I was wondering about the chrono numbers also. I use H4350 with the AMAX bullet in my 6.5 Creedmoor, which has basically the same capacity as the .260, and get some good velocities.

If someone will tell me how to post pictures, I will post pics of the rifle and targets.Oh yea, I didnt use our chrono today, too much of a pain to get it out and set up. thank you
mike

Make an account at Photobucket.com and then upload the pics there and they give you a link to cut and paste here. Pretty easy.