• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally got my AI Aw out.

dmtsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2006
Virginia
I finally took the 300 magnum AW out to get it on paper. I've had this thing almost a year just sitting(sad I know). I had planned to shoot some groups but there were way too many people and time was short so I just decided to hit some steel. I must say that I had this gun up for sale because of other interests and I would have been sorry because it is bad ass. This thing is a keeper. The rifle seems to fit well and recoil is way less than my hunting M70 in 30-06. The range near my house is only 200 meters but going to take it somewhere soon where it can stretch itself out and roll.

I sighted it in at 200 meters for zero, seemed like a good starting point for going long.

Let some guys and one of their wifes shoot it, they were impressed as he looked at his wife and said "She is going to be mad tonight, I'm going to buy one of these" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fze02OFy2mE

Last edited:
Too bad you're in beautiful Virginia. You can't really appreciate that rifle until you're shooting from 500-1000 yards or more! Enjoy.

Too bad you're in beautiful Virginia. You can't really appreciate that rifle until you're shooting from 500-1000 yards or more! Enjoy.

Yes, it is beautiful, and there are a couple of places in and around Virginia where you can shoot to 1000 yards. I don't know where dmtsc lives, but I live in Alexandria and only have to drive 30 minutes south.

dmtsc, nice rifle, now get out and shoot it.

I've got a place around 45 min drive, soon as I have a day to spend going to do some ranging etc and learn this thing.

Southwest VA

Like Fixr said:
Get out and shoot at distance and then you will appreciate how much you really love your rifle. As always, be safe!