• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally got my savage XLR out to the range

scatterbrains

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2011
Ive been working on this for awhile stevens action and barrel 22", xlr carbon 15"HG SSS trigger Warne 20moa base seekins X-hi rings and vortex 6-24moa XLR scope.
Ran some Nosler varmeggedon 55gr ammo through it 29 rounds, and 3 rounds of federal premium 95gr NBT. The 55gr shot fantastic! the 95gr was ok. here was the only group i shot its 10rnds at 100yds. The 3 single shots were to get my zero.

Here is the rifle

I am loving this rifle it was soo nice to shoot!

Looks good to me!

I got my XLR chassis for my .308Win 10-FCP-K a week ago and have shot it twice. Still getting used to the pistol grip and adjusting eye relief and cheek weld. Good results for me, too, so far. The clearance on the bolt handle was a little tight on mine but I fixed that this afternoon. If you have any light strikes, check the bolt clearance on the XLR chassis slot. Probably just mine, however. Overall I am very happy with my XLR chassis. Mine is not the carbon fiber version, however.

Joe