• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Finally got to compare a few suppressors

cgriff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Mississippi
Went out with a local new suppressor manufacturer yesterday with the purpose of comparing a few different .30 cal suppressors. Until then, the only suppressor I had ever heard was a coastal 30 cal on an AR-15. With that being said, I'm obviously no expert so bear with me.

We didn't have much of a range to shoot on so I didn't get to test anything other than sound suppression.

On hand, we had a JET .300, SAS Arbitor 7.62, and the local guy's .338 can.

The SAS was the quietest and lightest of the three, but not by much. The Dixie Precision came in second but of course it was much larger being a .338 prototype can.

I think I may give the local guy a try but I'm waiting to see an actual production .30 cal before I make my decision. I'd also like see and hear a TBAC 30P-1 but not sure I can get my hands on one without actually buying one.

We also put some rounds through a couple .22 cans and a .223 can made by Dixie Precision. All were pretty impressive to my inexperienced ear.

All in all, I came home with silly grin on my face and I'm not looking forward to the long wait for the paperwork.

Re: Finally got to compare a few suppressors

Check out Thunder Beast.I've been installing muzzle devices of all sorts for over 40 yrs.There's are the straightest I've ever seen.They are not cheep but they are quailty.If you have to wait a while and save your money it will be worth it.