• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally!!!! I'm a little estatic!

Shanerbanner10

Primer Denter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Well Gents, its been a full deployment and a solid couple more months added on since I sent my basically standard Remington 700 SPS Varmint in to Deadly Precision Gunsmithing. This is my first full custom build and I thoroughly enjoyed the process. I am STOKED about getting my rifle. I just got on his website and saw the first picture of my rifle. Like I said this is the first time I've seen pictures of the rifle. No further delay here it is.

Just found another picture on Facebook, didn't realize the 'smith even had a page ha looks great!

Specs:
    Remington 700 Receiver with PT&G Bolt trued, blueprinted squared up lapped raceways reamed all that good stuff
    M16 Extractor
    Timney 517 Trigger set at 1.5#
    McRees Gen 4 Chassis
    Pinned and Thicker Recoil Lug
    Brux MTU 1:10 Barrel chambered for 175 smk's
    AAC 51t Break for my 76.2-SD suppressor
    AD-Recon-Low 20moa QD Rings (will be used on my Noveske as well)
    Bushnell 3.5-21 HDMR H58

I absolutely can not wait to get this thing here, zero it and push it out to 1k. I've been waiting a long time for this. Just for kicks here's what it was before I sent it off.

Last edited:
    Looks good. I've always enjoyed the black and tan contrast. You'll want to get a bipod. Hope it's a shooter!

Aw man. Awesome! I'm jealous. Now, post up some shots of paper groups! I'm a whore for target group pictures.

Aw man. Awesome! I'm jealous. Now, post up some shots of paper groups! I'm a whore for target group pictures.

The day I get the rifle I'm going to the range! I can only stretch it to 300 out here in Virginia but head back home to Oklahoma in 20 days and ill try to push it to a mile, why the hell not haha!

Nice stick. Waiting can be an absolute bitch. I'm typically an immediate satisfaction guy and the short wait (4 months) on my last build I thought was excruciating. I can't see waiting a year or more :(

I am more than happy with the way it looks (in the pictures since I'm yet to see it in person). But if a rifle is ugly as hell and shoots bug holes all day ill take that over a gorgeous rifle that can't shot the broad side of a barn.

This thing needs to hurry up and get here! I literately spent a solid 1-2 hours just looking at the picture today and zooming in to see every aspect of it. STOKED!!

Larenzo is a great smith, and a VERY busy one as well. I have a 338EDGE that he built, it shoots an 8" group at 1000yards on a bad day. My girlfriend shot a whitetail at 1321yards with it last fall. I have shot it out to 2700 with great accuracy! Durin load work up I did a ladder test at 600 yards with 12 different charges, when I got to the target there was only one node... All 12 charges went into a 2 in group.

I am positive that you will be happy with your new toy! Have fun and let us know how it shoots!

Mike

Larenzo is a great smith, and a VERY busy one as well.

I am positive that you will be happy with your new toy! Have fun and let us know how it shoots!

Mike

Mike, I'm sure I will be just as happy as you are with yours. I will be posting results as soon as I get the rifle

Nice call on the 1-10 twist! Looks like a shooter big fat barrel too well desreved, Thanks for your service!!!

My pleasure!! Almost done 18 days left of active service.
    I really wanted that faster twist to push those heavier pills out there. As for the weight of the rifle with the MTU contour I'm not to worried about as I'm a younger guy and don't mind 'hulkin' it around.

Took it to the range last weekend (been busy moving from VA back home to OK) and shot 30 rounds through it. With all the excitement I forgot to take pictures. However I only shot 3 groups with it at 100 yards. 2 3 round groups, both clover leave type holes. Then said screw it and shot a 5 round group, this one really got me excited, 2 jagged touching holes, 5 rounds. That was 14 rounds through the rifle. From there I took it to some freshly painted steel at 300 (66% IPSC) and went for all head shots. Hit 9/11 shots. Then let my buddy (the RO) put 3 through it, and my buddy that was shooting with me the last 2.

I'm hoping to get to the range next week sometime and stretch it to 600 out at Red Castle. I'll be sure to take pictures then.