• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Finally in my hands/The wait is over

elkstalker338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2010
colorado
Couldnt wait any longer, before work this morning I opened the box, as to this point all I can say is WOW, breifly looked thru the 6x24x50 FFP moa/moa, rotated the mag ring and just a general app. thing but very nice Thanks Scott at LIBERTY OPTICS and thanks Vortex
Guess they arent just a myth as a few people have been saying will post more monday when I get it mounted on my 338-378 mag

Re: Finally in my hands/The wait is over

yup pics or it didn't happen :p

Hey, could you let us no if there is any tunneling with the scope at the lower powers as well as your opinion on how critical eye positioning is at 24X?

I will post some pics after getting it on my rifle, I had the stock dipped in a skulz pattern with a red background, it looks pretty badass

Looking forward to seeing it. Keep us posted. Thanks.

WOOOO HOOOOO YIPPPEEEEE my work week ended today, and it was such a long day, tomorrow is the first day I will be able to take my new PST outside and check it out. Also will get it mounted onto my 338-378 and take sum pics then get them posted so those that dont believe will change there minds :)

Dam the weather, it dumped snow on us today so didnt get a chance to take the new PST out to the range, did get it mounted in place yesterday on the 338-378, lapped the rings (its amazing how much contact doesnt take place on standard rings) mounted the scope, used the feeler guage method then checked with levels and can not see a bit of cant in the reticle, bore sighted out the door and WOW is this scope clear :), anyway will let you all go and plan on range day being tomorrow or thursday

Happy shooting everyone

Initial impressions?

Turret adjustment feel / glass clarity / reticle clarity?

110%?

Lets hear it ive been waiting to hear feedback on this optic for soo long

Come on man. We're all waiting to hear details and see pics. Let's at least hear some details.

Ok, first let me say that I live in a small podunk town and longrange here means shooting 300 yards, we have 2 sporting good stores and a wal mart, the sporting good stores still sell the hunting stlye scope that you sight in once then never turn the turrents again, I have never felt or even seen a high end scope like nightforce, uso or S&B

Gen Apperance Way BadASS I like it very much and it look awesome on my rifle

Clarity Very clear but have only looked out the door with it, but seems very nice, and the reticle is very clear and crisp, would rate it at 99 percent, it didnt get 100 because this is the most expensive scope I have looked thru, other then a mark4 and that thing sucked, looked like I was looking thru a cloud, was very dissapointed with it

Turrent 100 percent VERY stout to the point of almost to stout, but again I have never felt a nightforce and thats what everyone seems to judge scopes by, but I cant ever see these turning by themselves, grips are very nice and easy to hold on to but again they need to be as stout as they are to turn

Mag Ring 95 percent Absolutly no slop when turning power adjustment and a very good resistance, I am taking off alittle because the numbers are alittle hard for my 50 year ole eyes to see but again being a FFP I dont even need numbers on there to see anyway

Zero Stop Cant rate at this time but did mess with it abit and seems easy enough to get set so I dont see an issue there

Illumination Can barely see it during the day but in the dusk it is visable and crisp give it 100 percent cause I dont think I will ever need it during the day and it is very nice at dusk and dawn

Eye Box 90 percent, Alittle touchy at the higher powers but that could be my eyes or the fact that my rings are alittle to high and cant get a good cheekweld to the stock, of course no one in this town sells any 30mm rings so I am stuck with them for now but will change out later

After mounting and bore sighting at about 30 yards I have app 57 moa of travel available and alittle bit down, will see what happens at the range if I ever can get there, its 8:30am and minus 4 outside right now, I HATE WINTER

Happy shooting everyone

Zero stop is set with these little shims you put under the turret when you take them off to set them back to zero. I did it out of boredom to my 1-4 and it seems to work fine. Not perfect but "good enough."

Yep I see no issues with setting it up, just went by the range and it is all snowed in :-(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep I see no issues with setting it up, just went by the range and it is all snowed in :-( </div></div>

Duane,

Don't you have any gated Forest Service roads near you? We shoot on those all winter. Easy access. No traffic. Just a suggestion.

John

nvqu7k.jpg

Yes actually we have sum kick ass rock cliffs about 10 miles from my house, that's where I go to do the long-range shooting but don't want to waste ammo until I get it sighted in, we have a really good range that I am a member with that has really nice cement benches

Anyone know if a person can install pics from a cell phone onto the sight????

If you can upload them to an image hosting site, you can put 'em up here.

John

100MEDIA_IMAG0019.jpg

This is a bad pic of my 338-378 with the 6x24x50 FFP MOA PST scope

Thanks for the write up - cant wait to hear more.

Ok finally got to the range today, there was a lot of people there so didnt get to do a lot of tests, basically just got to sight it in and that was all, glass was very clear and sight in was very easy, headed back again in the morning to do some tracking tests , all in all I like this scope very much

Glad you got your Viper, Duane. When did you order yours? I am still waiting for mine (6-24x50 FFP but in mil/mil) ordered early last year.