• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally joining the forum

purevillainy

Minuteman
May 19, 2023
San Clemente, CA
Hi,

I've decided to finally join the forum after lurking occasionally over the past couple years. I've decided its time to invest in my own personal long gun after shooting on the government's dime. (Going to miss the free ammo). I've decided on 6.5 CM and after a lot of debate centered on performance vs price I'm pretty convinced the best thing for me currently is getting a Tikka t3x ctr and dropping it in a KRG Xray, and putting a mk5hd with a tremor 3 on it to start, (kind of want to put a two stage trigger in it too, maybe Timney). I'm sure I'll be going down the rabbit hole sooner than later. The other long guns I was considering was the tikka t3x tac a1, and the MPA PMR Pro II but the tac a1 was hard to find without being price gouged and figure I will be able to do more personalization with the KRG xray, and the MPA looks sweet but it will come out to quite much more $$ than the tikka so going to table that for now. I've never experienced 6.5 myself but a lot of my friends have, I've mostly shot .308 out of a m40a6 or m110 but figure its time to change it up. Potentially want to invest in some reloading equipment down the road but going to do a lot more reading and research prior to that. I'm a little interested in doing some PRS matches in the future but if anything, I want to keep up to date with my shooting and maybe do a little bit of hunting with it as well.

Overall I'm looking for a community to join, I was a 0317 in the Marine Corps and miss it every day. Was not planning on getting out until they announced they were getting rid of Snipers so last minute said I was leaving and did just that. Hopefully I can learn a lot from you all and maybe I can bring a thing or two to somebody as well. Will be moving back to Wisconsin at the end of the month, if anyone is in the area.

Hope you have thick skin.....we are a rough crowd 😈
What do you mean?
28C12F96-3E95-4087-A728-93369000110A.jpg

Welcome to snipershide!

Hi,

I've decided to finally join the forum after lurking occasionally over the past couple years. I've decided its time to invest in my own personal long gun after shooting on the government's dime. (Going to miss the free ammo). I've decided on 6.5 CM and after a lot of debate centered on performance vs price I'm pretty convinced the best thing for me currently is getting a Tikka t3x ctr and dropping it in a KRG Xray, and putting a mk5hd with a tremor 3 on it to start, (kind of want to put a two stage trigger in it too, maybe Timney). I'm sure I'll be going down the rabbit hole sooner than later. The other long guns I was considering was the tikka t3x tac a1, and the MPA PMR Pro II but the tac a1 was hard to find without being price gouged and figure I will be able to do more personalization with the KRG xray, and the MPA looks sweet but it will come out to quite much more $$ than the tikka so going to table that for now. I've never experienced 6.5 myself but a lot of my friends have, I've mostly shot .308 out of a m40a6 or m110 but figure its time to change it up. Potentially want to invest in some reloading equipment down the road but going to do a lot more reading and research prior to that. I'm a little interested in doing some PRS matches in the future but if anything, I want to keep up to date with my shooting and maybe do a little bit of hunting with it as well.

Overall I'm looking for a community to join, I was a 0317 in the Marine Corps and miss it every day. Was not planning on getting out until they announced they were getting rid of Snipers so last minute said I was leaving and did just that. Hopefully I can learn a lot from you all and maybe I can bring a thing or two to somebody as well. Will be moving back to Wisconsin at the end of the month, if anyone is in the area.
0317? Boot...

Just fucking with you.

S/F

Reactions: lash