• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally joining The Hide!

biometrician

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 3, 2023
Florida
Hello everyone! I started lurking on Snipers Hide many years ago- I don't remember exactly when I first visited this place, but I do know that it was pre-Scout and I was in high school. My family hated my interest in guns, which only fueled my interest. My first purchase when I turned 18 was a 7mm magnum Tikka, and at 21 a G19. I've always been interested in long range shooting but have only been able to really take it up in the past 2 years. I made the mistake of pursuing an advanced degree, which cost me a lot of years that could have been spent making money and shooting stuff. Now I'm just glad to be shooting more- I've been to two PRS styled outlaw matches in the past year, and I plan on going to at least three more. I have shot pistol for awhile but with 9mm coming down in price I've got some matches planned out for that, as well as some 2 gun/run n gun stuff. I started with .308 out of high school- I took a Savage hog hunter with 10x SWFA to 1200 when I was 19. However, I really learned to shoot LR with a .223 a few years later. I briefly tried a 6.5 creed, but that was in 2021 and I sold it for a massive loss after being unable to find ammo or reloading components. Now I'm back to .308 and loving it, but I'm getting restless rifle syndrome. I'm likely going to live on the road in the near future, so I'm looking into ways to build a single rifle equally suited to PRS style shooting as well as ELR shooting out to 2k+ yards.

Glad to be here- I don't know how much I can contribute as The Hide has a lot of very knowledgeable people here.

Also, getting into NV was a mistake- it makes every gun purchase so much more expensive!