• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Finally ordered my Sig Tango 6...

Mt_Hunt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2018
Chester, Montana
Seems that these scopes aren’t talked about much lately, but I was able to use my 50% off certificate I picked up at a match and ordered my first higher end scope.. A Tango 6 5-30x56 in mils. Should be here in a couple weeks once the new shipment comes in and they go through the QC process.

Finally making the switch to mils since I am tired of converting in my head when everyone else is talking mils at match’s and pretty much everywhere else in precision rifle circles...
Who has the tango 6 and any tips or tricks you found out running them and how they are working for you?

Reactions: AMP! and bjay
I've got several and they are pretty solid. They only tip I have is when setting the zero stop, don't spin the inner wheel completely until it limits out, instead leave about 1/8 rotation of "slack". If everything is limited out it can give issues trying to push the turret back down at the zero stop location. Great scope, solid performer. Enjoy!

I have two of them (5-30x56mm models) and love them. I recently picked up a new Vortex Razor Gen2, and to my eyes, the glass is better in both of the Tango 6’s. The turrets in the Razor Gen2 are much better. That’s really my biggest complaint about the Tango 6, the clicks are mushy and too close together, even worse with cold weather.

Tips:

- If you’re using it in PRS type matches, always remember to turn on your internal levelplex before the clock starts
- Unless you’re shooting strictly prone, set the levelplex sensitivity to the low setting... (hold down the end of the illuminated reticle cap until the left levelplex arrow starts blinking and getting brighter; keep holding it down until the right arrow starts blinking more slowly and getting brighter; let off of the illuminated reticle end-cap when the brightness fits your needs).
- If your levelplex appears to have stopped working or suddenly gotten much dimmer, check that your illuminated reticle knob didn’t get bumped or moved to a low setting that isn’t daylight visible. Turning on the illuminated reticle overrides the brightness setting of the levelplex to match that of the illuminated reticle.
- You probably won’t want/need a switch view lever with this scope. The magnification ring is very grippy and easy to adjust.
- Have fun mounting and leveling this scope... Easy-peesy
- If you ever shoot a match that requires dialing more than 12 mils elevation (Q-Creek for me), write your dope down like this: 12 + 2.2 Mils instead of 14.2 mils...
- Ignore the owners manual when it says to only tighten your zero stop set screws to 2 in/lbs. They’ll come loose during a match and scare the shit out of you when you go to dial back to zero and it just keeps on dialing down.

Last edited:
I have two of them (5-30x56mm models) and love them. I recently picked up a new Vortex Razor Gen2, and to my eyes, the glass is better in both of the Tango 6’s. The turrets in the Razor Gen2 are much better. That’s really my biggest complaint about the Tango 6, the clicks are mushy and too close together, even worse with cold weather.

Very similar experience. The glass in the Tango6 and the Razor Gen2 are very close but I give the edge to the Tango. The turrets are soft and not very loud and they do dial easily, but I would not say they are mushy however. I know the Athlons were having an issue with a grease that was applied and I've been going to see if the Tango has something similar that once removed would make the clicks feel more pronounced.

ETA: I think there was a thread here where somebody was adding an O-ring or something and getting a good result as well

Reactions: Mt_Hunt
I haven’t played with one out in the field but have looked through one. We have one on a 716 sig which is nice. I will give the edge to the Tango 6 NXS have better glass then then Razor.

Love my Tango 6. I’ve only taken it to 400 so far, waiting on parts. But the glass quality is way better than I expected for the price.

Very similar experience. The glass in the Tango6 and the Razor Gen2 are very close but I give the edge to the Tango. The turrets are soft and not very loud and they do dial easily, but I would not say they are mushy however. I know the Athlons were having an issue with a grease that was applied and I've been going to see if the Tango has something similar that once removed would make the clicks feel more pronounced.

ETA: I think there was a thread here where somebody was adding an O-ring or something and getting a good result as well

You believe the Tango6 scopes have slightly better optical clarity than a second gen razor? I have the 4-24 model and am thinking of selling it but now I'm not so sure lol.

The only thing things that prompted me to sell my 4-24:
  1. It was MOA
  2. Force required to unlock turret was very very stiff.
  3. And turrets were wobbly when unlocked, which made me very nervous running them unlocked in and out of barricades. They should have left the top turret non locking and it would have been a keeper (in mils...lol)

I have the razor gen II 4.5-27 and the Tango 6 4x24.

I have to admit I like the razor better, it seems more clear than the Tango6 though I may have just adjusted it to my eye better.

I have 4 Tango series scopes, all are solid but it is hard to compete with the Razor in that price range.

You believe the Tango6 scopes have slightly better optical clarity than a second gen razor? I have the 4-24 model and am thinking of selling it but now I'm not so sure lol.

Yes at least for the Razor2 I had. I had them side by side for comparison looking at objects beyond 1k and the Tango6 was slightly better. It did not blow it away or anything of the sort but was better to my eye.

Reactions: stello1001
Got the email from sig and my scope is shipped.. Will be a first of having glass for a rifle before the rifle is finished. Haha.
Be excited to check out the clarity on the sigs glass and see how the turrets feel.

I am on track for a nice build, need to order my Bighorn Origin and use my new 50% off cert I just got as well.

I have kind of inadvertently collected nearly the entire Tango6 line (the only one I don't yet have is the 1-6, and my 3-18 is a 1st gen), and I really like them. They aren't the lightest scopes in the world and the turrets could be better (as others have mentioned), but at the end of the day they're solid performers, IMO.

My 5-30 is on a .223 AI prairie dog rig (that I haven't had a chance to take on a hunt yet), and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up liking it more than my 1st gen Cronus for that use due to superior (to my eyes) optical clarity.

I can't find frank's review of this scope but you did good, it's frank approved (y)

If I remember right, on one of the podcast LL said his 18x G2 fell off and he was able to use the 30x Tango 6 to see the targets better. I’m going off of memory in an old podcast so take it with a grain of salt.

My 5-30 is on a .223 AI prairie dog rig (that I haven't had a chance to take on a hunt yet), and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up liking it more than my 1st gen Cronus for that use due to superior (to my eyes) optical clarity.

Which reticle do you have on that 5-30x on the .223 AI?

I couldn't see where the bullets impacted the plate, shooting my 223 at white painted steel plates at 600y with my Tango 6 4-24. I looked at it through my Cronus and I could see each dark mark from the individual impacts.

I think the level plex is my favorite feature. Get one before they catch on and you can't get them cheap anymore. LOL

I couldn't see where the bullets impacted the plate, shooting my 223 at white painted steel plates at 600y with my Tango 6 4-24. I looked at it through my Cronus and I could see each dark mark from the individual impacts.

Damn, maybe the cronus has slightly better glass lol. If I do regret selling a scope, it's my weaver tactical 3-15. I used that for a lot of hunting and the outdated reticle was great for that. And don't even get me started on low light performance. I spent countless hours one season using it at night just using moonlight and man I could really make out a lot of what was in front of me. I took it all the way to 450 on steel and could spot myself perfectly with it. My point being, my Sig is still better, glass wise so I'm sure id be able to see my hits on steel with it. I shoot 6.5 though. Maybe .223 leaves a smaller splash on the painted steel?

Which reticle do you have on that 5-30x on the .223 AI?
DEV-L in mil

I am a HUGE fan of Christmas tree reticles, especially for something like prairie dog hunting where not only can the distance vary greatly from one shot to the next, but so can your vector relative to the wind. They're REALLY helpful.

Damn, maybe the cronus has slightly better glass lol. If I do regret selling a scope, it's my weaver tactical 3-15. I used that for a lot of hunting and the outdated reticle was great for that. And don't even get me started on low light performance. I spent countless hours one season using it at night just using moonlight and man I could really make out a lot of what was in front of me. I took it all the way to 450 on steel and could spot myself perfectly with it. My point being, my Sig is still better, glass wise so I'm sure id be able to see my hits on steel with it. I shoot 6.5 though. Maybe .223 leaves a smaller splash on the painted steel?

I did like the old weavers, but if you liked them grab an LRHS on the cheap and you will be pretty happy. I think anyway, I cant say how they are in full dark. I haven't night hunted in years.

On that day on that target, the Cronus showed me something the Sig could not. I remember seeing a post where someone said the Sig could resolve looking into the shadows really well. Could be the coatings were chosen for different purpose between the two.

The 223 leaves a small mark compared to my 6.5 or 30 cal stuff.

I did like the old weavers, but if you liked them grab an LRHS on the cheap and you will be pretty happy. I think anyway, I cant say how they are in full dark. I haven't night hunted in years.

On that day on that target, the Cronus showed me something the Sig could not. I remember seeing a post where someone said the Sig could resolve looking into the shadows really well. Could be the coatings were chosen for different purpose between the two.

The 223 leaves a small mark compared to my 6.5 or 30 cal stuff.

I'm sure coatings matter a lot.

Yeah I sold my weaver only so I could buy and replace it with an LRHS. Now I have the LRHS and the tango6 but thinking of selling the tango6 to buy the NX8 in 2.5-20. These are tough decisions I get faced with lol!

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
I just moved my 2-10x36 Weaver Tactical to a 16" AR today. And thought about selling multiple different scopes to fund.....more different scopes. the struggle is real. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

If I remember right, on one of the podcast LL said his 18x G2 fell off and he was able to use the 30x Tango 6 to see the targets better. I’m going off of memory in an old podcast so take it with a grain of salt.

I remember that podcast as well.. one of the reasons I wanted to try the tango 6.. Scope was delivered today, hopefully get to play with it some before dark to see how it looks very little if any cloud cover today and low wind see how it picks up and maybe cuts through mirage.

Was able to check it out for about 30 minutes tonight and I am very impressed. I have no 34mm rings or mount yet so I put it on my tripod in my pig saddle to check it out.. tried to get some pictures with my phone. For hand held cellphone camera they turned out pretty good to see the clarity of it. Nothing like actually looking through it but might help give those that haven't looked through one an idea..
My home range goes out to 1200 so can actually see how the target detail can be seen.
First pic of just the land lay out and sun was coming at me from about 10 o'clock.
20190612_200513.jpg
300yards 12x can see into the shadows of the tree very nicely..

25x target is 1228yards 18x18 hard to get a picture to work and get the parallax right. Still very nice to the eye.

20x far target 1228 and near target 1012.. The 1000yd target I quarter the target with orange it is faded and my others scope it gets very hard to see. With The tango 6 it was very easy to see.

Most guys probably prefer the DEV-L but I find the Mil reticle works excellent as well. If you are dialing for drop and holding for wind either will work great and the dot in the center allows for great fine point holds.

Most guys probably prefer the DEV-L but I find the Mil reticle works excellent as well. If you are dialing for drop and holding for wind either will work great and the dot in the center allows for great fine point holds.

I didnt really care on the reticle I like both... I have a Christmas tree in a vortex and dont really use it that much and if I do hold overs it's usually only for targets that are with in a mil of what I dialed on to start.. I can hold that wind easy enough.. I like the tremor 3 if I was going to hold everything...

I just picked up a 3x18 Tango 6 for a AR-10 build from OpticsPlanet for $880 with a free $250 gift certificate. I figured for $630 it was worth checking out.

Let us know your initial impressions...
I finally bought a rifle to put this scope on. Tango 6 5x30.
Put it on a Bergara bmp.
First impressions.
Glass is clear. Best I have ever looked through? No. Kahls. As good as a Vortex? Yep. Rightly there or better.
Like the dialing better on Vortex.
Finding products at discount is better on Sigs! Especially on here.
Truly equal scope.
give some and take some
Dials are true
But “mushy” but true
Glass is better
Can find on here for 65% off retail
I am sold

I have a 3-18 coming. Looking forward to seeing what it can go head to head with.