• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally pulled the trigger on a custom rifle

Heebhammer56

I'm here because I'm not all there.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2023
    Florida
    Ordered my Custom CZ 457 from Kenny over at desert precision. Anyone here shoot any of his rimfires?

I ordered it in an MPA BA chassis never used that chassis so any accessory help is appreciated!

You just ordered it? So you have not yet pulled a trigger on it?

Let us know how it shoots.

I hope you have some decent glass for it.

Reactions: Heebhammer56
    Ha, no I haven't actually but, i thought it was a good play on words if not a little cliche.

I'll post some groups and a "review" when it arrives.

I was going to put my Zeiss lrp s3 from my current CZ on it or possibly purchase the S5 we shall see.

My match rifle is a DPG CZ. It's awesome and I've gone through quite a few!! I have owned several Vudoos, and more than a few CZ's.

You'll be happy.
    I was thinking about going vudoo but, I really like the CZ reliability and their magazines feed like butter.

although I havent had the chance to run a Vudoo action I've seen more than a few people have a lot of feed issues during the stages

I was thinking about going vudoo but, I really like the CZ reliability and their magazines feed like butter.

although I havent had the chance to run a Vudoo action I've seen more than a few people have a lot of feed issues during the stages
    Vudoo makes great rifles, I just had many mag issues during matches, and they need to be tweaked for the specific stock or chassis.

That being said.....I haven't had any in any of the CZ's I own or have shot. They feed Eley, SK, or Lapua equally well and I like the smaller mags. I carry one on each side of the match gun.

My DPG below.....

IMG_6884.jpgIMG_6887.jpgIMG_6885.JPG

Vudoo makes great rifles, I just had many mag issues during matches, and they need to be tweaked for the specific stock or chassis.

That being said.....I haven't had any in any of the CZ's I own or have shot. They feed Eley, SK, or Lapua equally well and I like the smaller mags. I carry one on each side of the match gun.

My DPG below.....

View attachment 8154074View attachment 8154076View attachment 8154075
    I don’t know much about precision rifles, infact thats why im here, but dammit man… that looks bad ass!
    M.

My DPG below.....

Daaaam that looks bad ass brother I can’t wait to get mine. I ordered my DPG in the MPA chassis I’ve heard from a few people that it’s easier to feed those little toy magazines in the MPA chassis 🤣🤣

Daaaam that looks bad ass brother I can’t wait to get mine. I ordered my DPG in the MPA chassis I’ve heard from a few people that it’s easier to feed those little toy magazines in the MPA chassis 🤣🤣
    The MPA are easy because you don't need to have a relief cut for larger mags like the MDT. My fiance prefers the MPA chassis.

Will this have a CZ barrel or other?
    Thanks!
    it's going to have a Shilen Select match with 1:16 ratchet rifling

1.100" Straight contour at 24'' OAL

JGS Match Chamber

I'll be sending him my sk lots for headspacing but, if you don't specify anything you'll get .043 headspace in the chamber

My DPG below.....

Hey @J_D where did you get those metal cz mags I saw someone post about those on rimfire central

Ordered my Custom CZ 457 from Kenny over at desert precision. Anyone here shoot any of his rimfires?

I ordered it in an MPA BA chassis never used that chassis so any accessory help is appreciated!
    Just received my DPG Rim X last week. You will not be disappointed. Attention to detail and accuracy truly stand out. I am shooting groups at 50 that you could cover with a dime.

Just received my DPG Rim X last week. You will not be disappointed. Attention to detail and accuracy truly stand out. I am shooting groups at 50 that you could cover with a dime.
    I can’t wait for mine should be here by the end of the year/ January

Reactions: Craig Brown
    I’m testing this Vudoo today from Kenny. It’s an older 1.2 90 degree action with a new 1.25 1:16 barrel.

(He’s not working older actions to rebarrel. It was his rifle)

IMG_7258.jpeg
    IMG_7257.jpeg
    71149906249__765E68CB-86B0-4B43-BECA-71A4CEB99593.jpeg

Posting the CZ in post #6 above on the PX.......if you're not wanting to wait.

I’ve got one on order as well. Loved my Annie, but wanted a chassis and not a 54 action. Tried a Vudoo, but no where near reliable enough for me. Rocking an MTR in an ACC until the barreled action from Kenny arrives. Now if we can just a get a decent 2-stage trigger option, it’d be the perfect package.