• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

finally shot with the new JAE 100 chassis

jwoolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
Should have put this chassis on my rifle years ago.... wow.

There's no doubt that before I put this chassis on, my bedding what shot out..... wow what a difference in accuracy this chassis has provided this rifle.

The rifle is in tip top shape... it's a supermatch.... I was just crushing 4" skeet on the 500yd berm yesterday... over and over and over and over.... it was easy.

I know it's only a 1moa shot ( or a little less ) at 500 but, it's ( to me ) impressive to see an auto loader do it with ease.

Before, there would be the "flyer" shots but, not anymore.... wow. Can't say enough good things about this chassis.

Re: finally shot with the new JAE 100 chassis

glad to hear it is treating you well. any pics of the new setup?

Yep, I just snapped one!

I'm still deciding on a scope for it and, that's an old scope mount that I'm replacing as soon as my basset mount arrives.

I'm wondering if anyone offers a trigger group that is lighter than 4.5lbs? I'd love to change my match trigger out for something a lot lighter.

IMG_2218.jpg

I dont think I can remember any person offering a trigger less than 4.5 lbs. With the 2 stage setup its not really like a 4.5 pull anyways.. The rifle having such a "recoil pulse" or 3 of them, a super light trigger might be a bad idea IMO..

I believe Smith Ent. Offers a drop in tuned trigger assembly or I think you need to send them your group to get it.

Either way its going to be right around 4.5 lbs as this is generally the lowest and safest weight any smith is going to set a military 2 stage M14 type trigger for. Any lighter and you start getting into the wear issue where the trigger/disconnect wears in and quickly starts to fail resulting in the doubling or worse. Na unexpected double with a M14/M1A has result in many a national match shooter getting off the line with a bloody nose.

Stick with the 4.5 lb

Do you have a Gen 2 stock or one of the new Gen 3 stocks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I dont think I can remember any person offering a trigger less than 4.5 lbs. With the 2 stage setup its not really like a 4.5 pull anyways.. The rifle having such a "recoil pulse" or 3 of them, a super light trigger might be a bad idea IMO.
</div></div>

Bingo. I had Ted Brown work my trigger over. It's now a true 2-stage trigger set right at 4.5lbs. I wouldn't want it any other way for my build.

Smith Enterprise does a max pak trigger upgrade to 4.5lbs. I have it on my EBR and it is fantastic and extremely smooth. You could try searching gunbroker for a whitefeather trigger group. I have one on my other m1a set to 2.5 lbs. Bought it for 400 when springfield still sold them. (they are now discontinued)

Greetings:
Thank you for the review, I am considering this stock for my M1A, did you get the barrel tensioner? is it worth it?
Thanks

AC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Greetings:
Thank you for the review, I am considering this stock for my M1A, did you get the barrel tensioner? is it worth it?
Thanks

AC </div></div>

Honestly, I haven't played with the tensioner very much but, mine has it. I'm sure it makes a difference though. With all the effort put into making a chassis like this, I'm sure they found a reason for it to be there so, it surely can't hurt and, I may make a very positive difference for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metonymy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a Gen 2 stock or one of the new Gen 3 stocks? </div></div>

That's a Gen 2. I believe they're still tooling up to make the Gen 3. That's what Lisa said when I called her. They didn't have any Gen 3 stocks yet and she said they were tooling up to make them now.

on the trigger thing... I'm a bit spoiled shooting my bolt gun a lot this last year. I have it set at 1lb ( or a little less ) so, on the bipod, put the crosshairs on something and think about pulling the trigger and it snaps cleanly.

I can still do this with the M1A but, as I said, I'm spoiled. I wouldn't want to set it under about 2.5 pounds but, there isn't anyone doing that apparently. I don't believe that would be dangerous shooting this rifle the way it's set up now with that weight trigger. It doesn't kick much at all, I doubt it would ever double on me.

Anyway, thank you for all the responses. You all confirmed what I expected. I've looked around but, haven't found anything for a drop in trigger replacement.

Thats an awsome looking chassis. Don't know what it looked like before, but its an eye catcher for sure. And as it improved the shootability its a no brainer upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwoolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can still do this with the M1A but, as I said, I'm spoiled. I wouldn't want to set it under about 2.5 pounds but, there isn't anyone doing that apparently. I don't believe that would be dangerous shooting this rifle the way it's set up now with that weight trigger. It doesn't kick much at all, I doubt it would ever double on me.</div></div>

The problem with going below 4.5 pounds is the amount of material you have to take off the hammer hooks to do it. Removing much more doesn't give the trigger/sear enough to hold onto and is what will cause the doubles/full auto, it's not really caused by bump firing. If this happens it's what can get people sent to club fed since it's considered modifying a weapon for full auto fire.