• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FINALLY ,,Stiller///AICS////Bartlien 6.5x47 Lapua

mrbig

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Pleasant Shade ,Tn 37145
Stiller Tac 30 action
Bartlien 6.5mm 8 twist 28 inch #17 HV barrel 6.5x47 Lapua chamber heavy bullet throat
AICS 1.5 Chassis
Jewell trigger at 6 ounces
Atlas spigot mount and bipod
Stiller 20 taper base 8/40 screws stainless pins
Burris XTR rings
Leupold LR/M1 4.5-14

still a couple upgades I want in the optics,,a monopod and a good sling,,brass and dies supposed to be here Monday

Beautiful rifle! Should be a laser beam with a good load. I'm curious on the weight of that beast.

I have owned several heavy barrel factory rifles and have a couple rebarreled Rem 700`s but this is my first complete custom rifle built from scratch,,my smith shoots a lot of 6mm bench rest 600 yards and I have seen the Match winners equipment lists and the Bartlien barrels and Berger bullets are usually really high on the lists,,they shoot 30 shot aggs under 2.5 inches and some 5 shot groups under an inch,,he got the 6.5x47 reamer and I just had to have one,,I will be really happy if I can just make hits on MOA steel out to 1,000-1200

dies and brass supposed to be here Monday and I cant wait,,

I think you will be happy with your setup I built a 6.5x47 lapua 2 years ago worked up a load that it likes with berger 130 target vld 38.5gr of rl 15 cci 450 primer .005 off the lands. I started searching for load data and came across this link 6.5x47 Lapua Tactical TackDriver I don't know if you need any data or not but this should get you started if you need it. Mike

my dies came in today but my brass and bullets are at a post office about 30 miles away,,should be shooting monday or tuesday,,thanx for data link,,

You are welcome good luck I hope you find a combination your rifle shoots well. Mike