• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FINALLY ,,Stiller///AICS////Bartlien 6.5x47 Lapua

mrbig

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Pleasant Shade ,Tn 37145
Stiller Tac 30 action
Bartlien 6.5mm 8 twist 28 inch #17 HV barrel 6.5x47 Lapua chamber heavy bullet throat
AICS 1.5 Chassis
Jewell trigger at 6 ounces
Atlas spigot mount and bipod
Stiller 20 taper base 8/40 screws stainless pins
Burris XTR rings
Leupold LR/M1 4.5-14

still a couple upgades I want in the optics,,a monopod and a good sling,,brass and dies supposed to be here Monday

Beautiful rifle! Should be a laser beam with a good load. I'm curious on the weight of that beast.

I have owned several heavy barrel factory rifles and have a couple rebarreled Rem 700`s but this is my first complete custom rifle built from scratch,,my smith shoots a lot of 6mm bench rest 600 yards and I have seen the Match winners equipment lists and the Bartlien barrels and Berger bullets are usually really high on the lists,,they shoot 30 shot aggs under 2.5 inches and some 5 shot groups under an inch,,he got the 6.5x47 reamer and I just had to have one,,I will be really happy if I can just make hits on MOA steel out to 1,000-1200

dies and brass supposed to be here Monday and I cant wait,,

I think you will be happy with your setup I built a 6.5x47 lapua 2 years ago worked up a load that it likes with berger 130 target vld 38.5gr of rl 15 cci 450 primer .005 off the lands. I started searching for load data and came across this link 6.5x47 Lapua Tactical TackDriver I don't know if you need any data or not but this should get you started if you need it. Mike