• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Finding a gunsmith in utah

Re: Finding a gunsmith in utah

Lorenzo Young of Deadly Precision Gunsmithing has a great reputation over on LRH.

801 735-4829

I tried for awhile and spoke to quite a few over the phone but never felt 100%confident in them after talking to them or hearing their answers. So for all my precision stuff I send it to Chad at Long rifles inc. he has taken good care of his customers and does amazing work. Ask anybody around here. Now that's not to say there aren't good smiths in Utah because I know a couple people that have used some and had great success but for me I couldn't justify putting the $$$ and trust In them unless I was 100% confident I was going to get what i was expecting/ paying for and I absolutely get that with Chad he is in South Dakota and yes you'll have to pay shipping but Its been worth every penny knowing its done right.

I know several local gunsmiths ogden preston pocatello and idaho falls depending on what you need to have done I could probably do some metal work for you but I suck at wood im just north of malad idaho call me and ill round up the info if interested ill pm my number

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: golden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I had a reputable gunsmith that would finish a couple of odds and ends, but after all sorts of ridiculousness, I am trying to find a good Utah smith. Please help. </div></div>

Most gunsmiths, well the really good ones anyway, specialize in certain weapons or types of service.

It would probably help for you to specify the type of work your lookin to have done, so you get the best recommendations.

Aaron Klopenstien Wellsville UT. 1-435-770-9281. Never used him but heard great things.

This 'smith has built several ridiculously accurate rifles for me:

Brad Stair
Cross Canyon Arms
West Haven, UT
801-731-0172

Richard

Joel Olas
--JC Precision Rifles
Call mobile : 801-310-3121

He's a benchrest shooter, and a machinist with 35+ years experience. Located in Springville. Tell him Guy recommended you to him.
I've had him do work for me, he does great work.

Seems that good competent gunsmiths round here are few and far between.

How on earth did you draw that conclusion?

Because I gathered the OPPOSITE. There are PLENTY depending on your weapon platform though.

I linked up with Daniel V.______ (hasn't graduated yet & doesn't have a shop set-up) who is going through the Gunsmithing School out in Colorado and he took on some firearms from me to work on as "School Projects" at a fantastic rate!

Sure its a gamble, but, meet with your prospective gunsmith and TALK to them about what you want done and how much you want to spend. Ask for references and previous customers to talk with about how happy they are with their work.

A good Gunsmith can do just about anything you can afford... :p

Cheers.

Will

I came to that conclusion because after working at local gun shops here in Utah you will find that people come in asking for a good gunsmith to repair Shit jobs that a "reputable" gunsmith did for them. I myself found this the hard way on multiple jobs. The one and only smith I could trust was Guy with lock stock and barrel, but unfortunately he passed away this summer. He was the best well rounded gunsmith around in my opinion who could work on pistols to precision rifles to classic military weapons. Still on the hunt for a good one though that can do everything I ask him to do.