• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finding my GAP symbol...

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
I've decided it was time to look to see who built my GAP which I had built in 2007.

Stats:

Nesika Model "K" Tactical LH Action
Broughton 22" Fluted Barrel with Badger brake
McMIllian A5 Desert Camo stock
Badger bottom metal

1-1.jpg

Taking out the main bolts:

3.jpg

The action was really tight in the stock, with a little wiggling it came free:

5-1.jpg

The A5 has been precisely bedded and machined to allow the LH action to mate with it:
6-1.jpg

She's a GAP:

10-1.jpg

The last few digits of the serial number was written on the stock ("K0927" and a little "t c")

7-1.jpg

At last I see the symbol and number marked on the underside of the barrel:

8-1.jpg

The lug was marked with the number too:

11-1.jpg

A quick look at my handy GAP symbol reference chart tells me it's a "Roach":

GAP_symbols2.jpg

Re-torqued the bolts back to 65 lbs and here she is:

20.jpg

Re: Finding my GAP symbol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn, they sure do fine work there! That is a very nice rifle. How do you like the Nesika K?

Dave
</div></div>

The Nesika action is tight as a vault. I love it! The only negative I've found is it's so precise if my AICS mags get any bend in the feed lips (even a mm) it will jam up. I've got a 10 round aics mag that works in my aics remys but the Nesika won't have anything to do with it.

As for the accuracy, it's really much better than I can shoot. (I generally shoot about .75 moa tho sometimes I get lucky) ; )

Here are four targets from my last range visit. 175smk handloads 100 yards, no wind, 70F, light clouds.

tar1.jpg

tar2.jpg

tar3.jpg

tar4.jpg

All you guys that have the high post totals really think you know your rifles by bidding such insulting amounts of $$$. I could use a GAP until mine's finished . I'll give you a reasonable and fair price for yours, $200.00. But mind you not a penny more so don't try. I'll not be takin.

scout1

$233.53, and you pay shipping. I'll also be nice and let you include your brass.
wink.gif

Nice rifle by the way!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll see your ex-girlfriend offer my current girlfriend. </div></div>

Thanks but I'm already seeing your current girlfriend! LOL!
laugh.gif

More pics (not of your g/f tho) :

Gap3-1.jpg

gap2-1.jpg