• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Finding Trustworthy NOD Builders?

shoobe01

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2005
Mission, KS
www.donttouchme.com
I have an ENVIS that I love the tube and glass on, but the body is pretty stupid, and bulky and heavy. And someday the dumb switch will fail, so I want to get ahead of that.

I'd love to get something more PVS-14 shaped around it (maybe a Vyper even) and get all the good bits transferred over. I am not 100% sure you can do this with that tube, and although I do a lot of stuff myself, would rather this is done by someone who knows what they are up to, ideally has purging gear, etc.

But... where do you find reputable people to do this? Everything seems to be handshakes and friend-of-a-friend and I have none who I know for sure know this.

Ideally, KC area so I can drive the bits over and see the operation, but sure I can mail stuff if that's what it takes.

Thanks for the kind words CC.

I’ve never dealt with Mr. Ryan Hoover at night long but I am long time friends with rich at UNV. I’m not sure if Jason at ident is still in the business but he was/is a great guy also.

I can fix you up if you need anything sir. I can’t drive to KC but I can send fed ex to your place!

Jay

I spoke with Bobby the owner of RQE, guy is on another level developing new gear, he may be of assistance on something like this and I know a lot of his products are sold through UNV. I've got a couple pieces he's designed and it's the best I've used so far. www.redqueeneffect.com

Pete(I2 Tech) has been building/servicing my Night Vision for more than 12 years.
He's an Ex Marine and GTG!

Reactions: wigwamitus
I have also used Peter. He built me a set of goggles that I have been bashing around with for 5 years now, about 600 hours on them between work, training and off duty use. They are still going strong.