• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Fingerprint Cards and Copies

samb300

GCP Rifle Co. Accuracy Obsession Vision Products
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    I have a few suppressors, but all were done prior to 41F. Thinking about some new items, so I will have to get fingerprints done for myself and my wife.

Does anyone have a solid recommendation for getting prints done and having them stored or digitally copied so I can simply purchase reprints? It looks like eSilencers has an option to do prints at home, ship back to them, and they will make a copy and send reprints for about $10.

Does SilencerShop offer physical printed copies if you get prints done at a digital kiosk?

Any other options are welcome. I’m looking for the most convenient and versatile option, i.e. not being tied to only purchasing from SilencerShop, and having extra physical set(s) on hand for any future impulse purchases.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Charger442
    I got an ink card pad on Amazon for a couple bucks. I ordered a ton of the fingerprint cards for free from the ATF mailing center. I just sit down and do my own fingerprint cards everytime I'm going to submit a form. I also just take a selfie in front of a white wall for the picture and print it off 2x2". I have submitted about 5 forms like this with no issues.

Tagging in on this. Need to update my trust so I can add to my collection.

Do you not have to have someone official like the sheriff's office do the fingerprints?

Reactions: RS14
    If I remember right, @padom does his own for his form 1 suppressors that he has been building.

No, you just need the offical card. Some gun stores do fingerprints.

They do have do be done properly. Smudged or blurry prints may be rejected.

Yes, I understand I can go to the local police station, or do 10 cards at home myself. I was hoping for an easier "1 time" solution, rather than doing prints every time. Like I said, my wife is on my trust, so each time would be 2x the prints and photos for me and her. It would also prevent the "what do you need my prints for again...another suppressor???" questions LOL

Reactions: cropdude
    I'm curious, too. I've heard, as you mentioned, SilencerShop would keep them on file and submit as necessary. Never confirmed that, though. Also that ties you to one vendor, like you said. Interested in what answer you find.

This probably won't help the OP, but rolling-your-own didn't work very well for me. I'm a geezer with a lifetime of farm and construction work, which has just about worn away my prints. I got an ink pad and tried to do my own, but they just looked like smudges, tried the kiosk and it took forever, finally went to the sheriff's office and had them done on their new electronic rig. The prints came out pretty clear and it was worth the $20 for the 2 cards, not having to clean ink off my fingers and getting to hold hands with a cute secretary.

Just do it yourself, it isn't hard. A couple of tips, roll the finger from the hardest position to the easiest. If you have worn, or light prints like Sgt47, don't coat the prints in too much ink, and use light pressure. I find it easiest if I'm standing rather than sitting. Get a few extra cards to practice on.
    ETA: Another tip is to place the card on a counter top, and bend the card so your only working in one row of blocks at a time, and perhaps use some masking tape to hold the card in place so it isn't sliding around. Most PD's have a card holder that actually holds the card for you, but obviously not everyone has access to one of those.

Could you roll one set, do a high res scan then print as needed?
    If it’s not on the right weight paper they(ATF) will reject the application

So you would need to make sure you print them on the right paper. My sheriffs office scans York prints digitally and then prints them on the appropriate cards free of charge.

If you’re able you can have your prints done with silencer shop and they can send you printed copies on the correct fbi forms for a fee.

I'm curious, too. I've heard, as you mentioned, SilencerShop would keep them on file and submit as necessary. Never confirmed that, though. Also that ties you to one vendor, like you said. Interested in what answer you find.

this is true. I’ve done it.

What a bunch of horseshit for a god given constitutionally recognized right.

But forcing ppl to show id to vote is discriminatory
    agreed. my feelings are hurt, I need a safe space for using guns....maybe we could call my safe space the USA!?

Here in Cheyenne, WY I needed copies of my fingerprint cards and was able to get them at the DCI (Division of Criminal Investigations) office here. Sheriffs office could do it too, but they had funky hrs that they did it.

Where I am in Ohio a lot of smaller places can do fingerprinting but they're hard to find, charge fees, have limited hours. Silencer Shop was good so far, still able to print today the prints I took four years ago.

I rolled my own. Ordered cards from ATF like Spife mentioned. I did get a card holder from amazon and that helped. Previous to that I would have the VA police do it for me and took my cards and an ink pad in to them. If you are a veteran you can swing by your VA facility and ask. Most of the cops I have run into at the VA are big 2A guys and are previous military, and they have VA police at almost every facility. Some of the smaller outpatient clinics do not. You have to bring you supplies with you since they don't have fingerprint stuff on hand. (at least the small facilities didn't. Maybe the big hospitals will).

Reactions: cmoore806
    Tagging in on this. Need to update my trust so I can add to my collection.
    I got an ink card pad on Amazon for a couple bucks. I ordered a ton of the fingerprint cards for free from the ATF mailing center. I just sit down and do my own fingerprint cards everytime I'm going to submit a form. I also just take a selfie in front of a white wall for the picture and print it off 2x2". I have submitted about 5 forms like this with no issues.

which cards exactly do you order? There’s 3 FD258xx models? FA, LE, EX. I think LE but not 100% sure

which cards exactly do you order? There’s 3 FD258xx models? FA, LE, EX. I think LE but not 100% sure
    I can't remember and I'm not home right now, but I'm pretty sure the instructions on the Form 1 say which fingerprint card.

As was discussed in the thread already... theres only one option that matches the description of what you are after
    1580417601589.png

I did a form 1 the old school way back in 2012 as an individual

Recently I set up a trust through silencershop (which was a breeze and easy) and then went to local kiosk for my prints.

I literally didn't spend a dime in the gun store with kiosk and only did my fingerprints on the kiosk. I stepped into the lobby before leaving the gun store and called silencershop which verified my prints were linked to my account and trust and paid $15 for a copy to be sent to me that I will be mailng in for an e-file form 1 can.

You can definitely roll your own with ink. I didn't want any snags in the process after I submit, don't have work hours that permit me to go to sheriff's office (even though they are totally cool) and I wanted to have the option of simply calling silencershop in the future and ordering another set. Trust me I am a big "do it myself" type person but sometimes having an option of pressing an easy button is nice.

Yes, you can order copies of your fingerprints from us, once they are in the system. You have to call in, though. They aren't on the site. I believe they are $15 for a set, shipping included.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Feesh
    Question on what applicants are placing on cards , if retired, under employer and address? I believe it should be the address where fingerprints were taken, is this correct?

Question on what applicants are placing on cards , if retired, under employer and address? I believe it should be the address where fingerprints were taken, is this correct?
    I just put my own name and address because I am doing my own prints. Never had a problem.

So, could you roll your own, do a high res scan, and reprint on cards ordered from the ATF to use in the future? I am all sorts of stupid when it comes to rolling prints, so if I could do it once and then just print them myself I'd be a happy man.

So, could you roll your own, do a high res scan, and reprint on cards ordered from the ATF to use in the future? I am all sorts of stupid when it comes to rolling prints, so if I could do it once and then just print them myself I'd be a happy man.
    Yeah as a physical copy needs to be submitted but that sounds like lots more work than just rolling them when needed on the free cards.

Yeah as a physical copy needs to be submitted but that sounds like lots more work than just rolling them when needed on the free cards.

Took me like 5 tries to get two good copies last time. If I can roll them once and then keep a scanned copy on file and just print on free cards from the ATF after that I think it will save me time.

When I roll my own they come out better than when the local PD does them. I've done 5 form 1's and never had an issue. One was approved in 11 days IIRC.

I believe you may be at the limitations of your scanner and printer. Don't quote me on that though. I know the discussion has come up in other forums.

This was to
    catalyst81
    apparently i can't figure out how "quote" works here.

I believe you may be at the limitations of your scanner and printer. Don't quote me on that though. I know the discussion has come up in other forums.

This was to
    catalyst81

I was sort of wondering about that. I may have to do a little research on it. Although, form 1 will probably be a good way to test it since the turnaround time is quick.

Reactions: Default-Gateway
    Does the date on the card matter? I had multiple cards made up at one time planning on multiple can purchases on a trip, however, only ended up buying one. The prints are nearly 2 years old considering my last wait was 14 months(fuckers). Yay or nay? My local sheriffs office, although a public service, are not overly friendly.

Thats what I did, too no issues, I don't even use glossy photo paper just copy paper.

This was to
    catalyst81
    Hit the quote button first then click reply and your text box will open with the quoted text above.