• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Fingerprint Cards

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    If you are like me, you have discovered that suppressors are like rabbits. They multiply quickly.

Whether or not you do a Form 4 or Form 1, you might appreciate the fact that there is an easier way to put your information on the card than to write it. My handwriting also sucks.

The FBI has a downloadable fingerprint card that you can put on your hard drive. I saved mine then produced a template with my information on it. I used Adobe to add text to the fields and when I want to get another can, I print out the file on card stock and cut along the dotted lines.

Will they ATF accept it? I got my last three Form 1s approved using those cards.

Here is the link to download the card:

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258-1.pdf/view

As much as I practice doing it, I cannot make decent fingerprints with the Dick Tracy fingerprint kit that I got from Amazon. So I still go to the Sheriff's office.

Be sure to put this information in the block labeled ORI.

WVATF0800
    ATF-NATL TRA CTR
    MARTINSBURG, WV

You will notice that the lines and lettering on the FBI fingerprint card are black. The fingerprint card that you can order from the ATF has blue lines and lettering. Rest assured, the ATF accepted the fingerprint cards with black lines and lettering on my last three suppressors.

Hope this helps.

@Longshot231 I ordered the cards from the ATF and did them on my kitchen table. They looked like ass but the stamp got approved. lol.

I have 2 pistols I wanna form 1 but need someone to hold my hand like a child as I’m not a computer person, and I have 2 other responsible people on my trust...I need to watch some YouTube videos on all this.

I understand what you all are saying. If your handwriting sucks like mine or you get tired of writing everything out, having pre-printed cards really helps.

It also makes it easier for the person getting the information off your cards. Why make it harder for them is it is difficult to read? The goal is to get them to approve the tax stamp as quickly as possible. They probably look at hundreds of these things every week.

Even though I don't like the NFA of 1934, I'd rather make it easier for the person reading my finger print cards. In the end, it is beneficial for me.

Reactions: phantasm
    As much as I practice doing it, I cannot make decent fingerprints with the Dick Tracy fingerprint kit that I got from Amazon. So I still go to the Sheriff's office.

considering form 1s are being processed in like 15-30 days.....ide be really surprised if the ATF actually does anything with those Fingerprint cards.....im guessing they just put them in a filing cabinet and forget about them.

ive done the last few sets myself and they looked like dog ass, and they accepted them no problem.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
    considering form 1s are being processed in like 15-30 days.....ide be really surprised if the ATF actually does anything with those Fingerprint cards.....im guessing they just put them in a filing cabinet and forget about them.

ive done the last few sets myself and they looked like dog ass, and they accepted them no problem.

Pretty sure they get mailed to the FBI and are immediately forgotten by the ATF.

I talked to my local dealer who is only a transfer station... does thousands of FFL transfers a year and hundreds of NFA forms. He also used to work as a clerk at a Sherriffs office and did the fingerprinting there.

He basically said one thing about the quality of finger prints: "Don't smudge them"

He said other than that, its hard to fuck em up. He did mine in like 45 seconds flat lol. They were a mess, but they weren't smudged

My sheriff's office does digital prints. Type in info, roll fingers across the scanner, and for $5 they'll print me as many copies as I need.

I have to get prints and updated background checks regularly for my wife's daycare facilities, somehow I always get extra cards to submit forms with when I'm in there.

Question for you guys, this is the first time I have submitted a form 1.

I submitted it and payed on Monday, the only email I got from them was payment confirmation Was I supposed to get anything else emailed to me? Haven’t received a cover letter in the mail yet.

Question for you guys, this is the first time I have submitted a form 1.

I submitted it and payed on Monday, the only email I got from them was payment confirmation Was I supposed to get anything else emailed to me? Haven’t received a cover letter in the mail yet.

Did you specify your own model? If so it will be in "PENDING RESEARCH" for about a week give or take. Once that clears you'll get the email with the cover sheet and the CLEO copies.

Reactions: Dryan910