• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finished my recce!

hornet shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Canyon lake Tx

photobucket.com/user/chaltermann/media/Mobile%20Uploads/49BF1CEE-F425-4B50-97D8-D36B84229756_zpsvvb8yyfi.jpg.html]
49BF1CEE-F425-4B50-97D8-D36B84229756_zpsvvb8yyfi.jpg
[/URL]
s1181.photobucket.com/user/chaltermann/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3B312C2E-EDCC-43D7-A966-7B14EA6D238D_zps5ljpyfse.jpg.html]
3B312C2E-EDCC-43D7-A966-7B14EA6D238D_zps5ljpyfse.jpg
[/URL]

The rifle started as a Smith&Wesson M&P 15TS. It had a hell of a break in period but will now regularly print .75 MOA with SSA 77gr OTM.

16" WOA 1/7 Wylde chamber
Giessele SSA-E
Adjustable gas block
Ergo grip
Voltor stock
ADM mount
Vortex 2.5-10x32mm FFP mil/mil
Silencerco Saker 5.56mm
Silencerco Trifecta with MAD mount

Last edited:
Good looking rifle. Can you elaborate on your break-in period on that barrel?

Well I did not necessarily believe in barrel break in procedures before I put this rifle together. So I just took it out and starting shooting groups. It was horrible like three MOA bad. After the first range trip I took it home and cleaned the crap out of the bore for like an hour with Sweets for the next few range trips. It just kept shooting tighter and tighter. It now has 300 rds down the tube since the last cleaning and still prints .75 MOA.

Nice. Looks good!

I once had a rem 700 5r .308 barrel that took right at 500 rounds before it stopped holding an ounce of copper. It was horrible. The. All of a sudden it stopped. Who knows.

Hornet, did you have to dress up your feed ramps at all on your woa? Just put a rifle together similar to yours and I'm getting small curls of brass in my extension and unserviceable brass to reuse. Good looking stick, sorry to hijack your thread

I just got a smoking deal on that same scope, which is going to replace the SWFA 10x that is on my SPR. How do you like it so far?

I just ran a nylon brush with brake cleaner then a few dry patches before I shot it the first time. The first 5 shot group while fouling the barrel with 65 gr. Sierra Game Kings before I did a ladder test is below. Mine is a Colt LE 6920 M4 lower with a Geissele SSA-E trigger with a WOA 18" varmint upper with a 1-7" twist and is fluted. The next 5 shot group doing the ladder test was even smaller with 69 gr. Sierra Match Kings. The scope is a Bushnell AR/223 that is 4.5-18x40mm. I also have turret labels ordered that will get me out 600 yds.

PS: WOA told me not to brake in the barrel.

Attachments

• WOA BARREL END .JPG
    WOA BARREL END .JPG
    557.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 5 shots 65 gr. .JPG
    5 shots 65 gr. .JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well I did not necessarily believe in barrel break in procedures before I put this rifle together. So I just took it out and starting shooting groups. It was horrible like three MOA bad. After the first range trip I took it home and cleaned the crap out of the bore for like an hour with Sweets for the next few range trips. It just kept shooting tighter and tighter. It now has 300 rds down the tube since the last cleaning and still prints .75 MOA.

Has nothing to do with barrel break in (which is bullshit). Most barrels take some rounds to smooth out and settle bore. 300 rounds is NOTHING through a barrel, and dirty barrel is going to shoot better than a clean bare one.