• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finished my Rifle

para1505

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Columbia MO area
I built a 7 PRC for ELR. I had a Krieger barrel installed on it 32" long for more velocity. Using the Satterlee method accuracy node showed 3096 MV I was hoping for 3150. I am using RL 26 and ELD M 180 grain bullet. Charge is just 3 tenths above Hornady manual max weight load. Haven't got to bullet seating depth yet.

I had issues keeping the ELDM 180's together at over 3150.
I was running them from a 7X300WSM in a 7.75 twist barrel and had to keep it around 3050 The next node which I got it up too was 3225 and I blew two up in the barrel. If your only a 8 twist you might get away with it, just what happened to me.

I had them blow at 3050 and 3000 feet per sec. I had to back them down to 2950 or they would blow up. 1-8 twist. My buddy had same issue at 3000.

Reactions: AAR Outdoors
How long is your barrel
One was 26 inch and the other 28 Inch. That was a few years ago but enough for me to stop using Hornady pretty much. There is a whole thread on here about those bullets blowing up. Just a heads up if you do have issues

One was 26 inch and the other 28 Inch. That was a few years ago but enough for me to stop using Hornady pretty much. There is a whole thread on here about those bullets blowing up. Just a heads up if you do have issues
They did good on velocity test hope it stays that way