• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing finished the A-4

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
finally finished the build.
PTG reamer and range rod
Schneider 5r 11.25 m40 blank
Badger FTE brake 3/4 x 24
Badger m5 bottom metal
McMillan A-4
IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Re: finished the A-4

it was a lot of work, and probably not cost effective. all the tooling and the dial indicator cost me about what the gunsmith was going to charge me to thread, chamber the barrel, and thread for the badger muzzle brake. could sell the reamer and range rod and recoup some of the cost. never know, may want to do it all over again, sometime..

Very nice looking rifle,looks like you did a fine job. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? While it may not be the most cost effective at times I certainly enjoy the satisfaction of building a rifle that shoots great

i shot it recently before it got so hot here, and it was shooting some small groups. i really didn't care for the leupold ultra 16x. it ended up on my air arms s200 once i got some 30mm airgun rings. just got the nightforce 3.5-15 x 50, and nightforce steel rings for it. duracoated it a couple of weeks ago, before going on vacation. put it all together for good last week. when it cools off, its serious range time...

i could have bought a nice car for what i have into it. there is just something satisfying about doing something yourself. i may never do another, but i did this one the way i wanted to..and i know it is done right!!!