• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FinnAccuracy MSR Digital

Cleverly done, FinnAccuracy! :ROFLMAO:

I've had the thought of creating a digital scope reticle of some kind before, though. Think of something more akin to an HD camera rather than a scope. The reticle would be just a digital image, not something actually etched into the glass, and would eliminate mechanical travel limits. Plus, you could add digital zoom on top of mechanical zoom, further increasing the zoom range. And of course you could add all the fancy HUD data that the Revic and Steiner's new scope would have. Throw in an LRF and a wind meter, and the "scope" could theoretically adjust the "reticle" automatically when you glass a target, so it'd be just like in the video games. Just put the crosshairs on whatever you want to shoot and pull the trigger. No more need to hold over or dial elevation, and wind calls would be much simpler.

I'll keep dreaming, though. We're headed in that direction, but we're still a looong ways off!

Reactions: JL
I just got this Email. Well played SKD Yactical. Well played.

Attachments

• A84D541B-1343-4CF5-841F-F32844C3BEC0.png
    A84D541B-1343-4CF5-841F-F32844C3BEC0.png
    545 KB · Views: 69
Now that I have re-read the original post, I should have known better. It said 3.6 teraflops of processing power. Missed that but I was drinking a wee bit at the time.

I realize this is about 2 years old already- sorry for slow reaction. Actually I specified CPU to be 338 terafrops. Should have wrote 0.338, to give bit better clue :)

Now that I have re-read the original post, I should have known better. It said 3.6 teraflops of processing power. Missed that but I was drinking a wee bit at the time.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
As I was reading this original post I said to myself I was doing this with the EOTech parked in front of my ACOG eons ago:cool:

Reactions: JL