• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finnish Stripper Clip ?

gasmann

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2010
Massena, NY
So I'm reading this book "Guide To Super Snipers" published by Soldier Of Fortune magazine. A chapter on WW2 has an article about Simo Haya the Finnish sniper. The book states, and I quote,
"many other Finnish snipers had Soviet-made PE or PEM 4x riflescopes, either purchased pre-war or taken
off captured Soviet weapons. Unlike the British, U.S., German, and Soviet armies, the Finns developed a
special curved stripper clip that allowed these rifles to be quickly reloaded despite the scope."

I was suprised by this. I have been scouring the internet looking for a mention of the curved stripper with no luck. I'm curious to see how well a curved stripper clip might work. I own a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 with a replica PE scope mounted. I would be very keen on finding a few of these curved stripper clips. I'm beginning to think this might be a figment of R.K. Brown's fertile imagination. Any thoughts ?

Hope I did this right. I am doing this from my phone. Its the one on the right. Welcome to Flickr!

Attachments

• m283033stripper.jpg
    m283033stripper.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Those stripper clips are ultra ultra rare. No many were made at all. I have a friend who kicks himself for not buying one while on a trip to Finland for €200.