• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Insurance ?

Rigamortous

Minuteman
Jun 5, 2006
Charlestown, Indiana
I am looking to get an insurance policy on my guns and I am looking for input on a good place to do that. I got a link from the NRA for the ArmsCare Plus. How do they compare to other companys ?
Thanks,
Riga

Too Much

I haven't looked in a few years. But, the last time I did all of the Firearms Insurance was too expensive. After about 10 years you would have spent enough money to pay for all your firearms. The rates may have improved......but I would't count on it.

Lock and Load! :D

No experience with the company you're looking at, but I was able to get a rider on my existing home owners policy from USAA. I simply had to provide a little bit of extra information and values... The entire process was done on the phone and with very little hassle.

Values of my "low value" items were lumped together, and the "high value" items were spelled out.

I pay about $25 a month for full replacement value on my most expensive/important guns. I have them under a Valuable Personal Property policy. I also have the NRA free policy but it wouldn't cover much.

I have a rider on my USAA insurance. Its not much and its full coverage for guns/scopes . I think its like 15 or 20 a month.

Its the single most important purchase if you own more than a few guns. Spend thousands on a safe or much less on insurance. Theifs can crack open my insurance and things like floods and fires (no your safe most likley wont survive a real fire) are easy for insurance.

Plus if you do suffer a total loss, you can rebuy the collection you want, not the one you own.

The best insurance policy I know of is professional-grade fire-rated vault. It is a bit of "bullet to bite", but you will have it forever.

Kevin

The best insurance policy I know of is professional-grade fire-rated vault. It is a bit of "bullet to bite", but you will have it forever.

As mentioned by others, unless said vault is mobile and goes with you everywhere you take your guns, then it is hardly an insurance policy. The best safe in the world is useless when someone smashes the window out of your truck and walks off with a 10k rifle setup.

Kevin

Not really. All safes can be broken into and pretty much all safes will destroy a firearm in the event of a real fire.... not that bullshit testing the safe companies do with unrealistic scenarios.

It would cost over 10 grand for a Real firearm safe....

Thats 55 years of insurance not including the time/value of money....and still wont guarentee the contents are safe.

As mentioned by others, unless said vault is mobile and goes with you everywhere you take your guns, then it is hardly an insurance policy. The best safe in the world is useless when someone smashes the window out of your truck and walks off with a 10k rifle setup.

Exactly.

Or they hold a gun to your head or your families and make you open it.

You can always replace items.....