• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fired, With a Vengeance in NH

If their police department was Kathy Ireland ( from back in the 1980s) I’d be following that link closely. But I ain’t going to risk clicking on pictures of that!

I will say, it is a trend in small Northern New England towns right now to disband their local PD and rely on state police. Which is encouraging it. Bigger budgets and more men.

I think that is a short sighted and dangerous thing. No one knows a town like it’s local police. And replacing them with folks from the capital disconnects people further from their officers. This is not a slight on the state troopers. They are really good at what they do. But the bigger your jurisdiction, the less you know about everyone in it.

Community policing is an oft thrown about term. But it does work best when officers are part of the community.

That they let this go with basically no warning and said “you’ve been outsourced to the state police... become a coder or something” Would have anyone wanting to make a statement.
sirhr

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
My former small town in the mountains tried to do this with the county sheriff.

Sheriff refused. Big area to travel, low population numbers so small budget. Said he could have a night deputy on a call and it might be 40 minutes drive (let alone if the call wasnt something they could leave).
These were windy, steep, and often icy backroads. No way to be quick driving up there.

Good! Now the residents can depend on themselves and not rely on the government.
If you can grab your phone and dial 911 you can grab your defense weapon and send lead.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Are the 3 board members on salary?

R
It looks like they are activist flatlanders who moved up to some little town and the first thing they want to do is bring their bleeding heart Boston mentality into rural New Hampshire. Move into a town because you love it there and then the first thing you want to do is turn it into the shit hole you just left.

Happening everywhere in rural America. I think it’s being done on purpose to create a liberal diaspora all over the country to do to small-town America what they did to New York and San Francisco. That’s why they allow crapping in the streets. That’s why taxes are sky high. It’s not that they just don’t know how to run a city it’s that they are trying to drive people out of it and make them scream for More government control

Everybody should read Noel Perrin’s book First Person Local. And especially the part about rural immigration laws. Noel is a bit of a leftist fruit bat, but he hits it out of the park when it comes to understanding the countryside.

Cheers Sirhr

Reactions: mike278 and Rthur