• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

fireing pin holes in primers?

loaded my 6.5/284 a little diffrently and im getting my fireing pin punching through the primer {rem 700 action}. i read were you size your caseing with the deprimer pin/nneck expander in then again without it and minimize neck pulling and have no side to side untrueing. i noticed the bullets seated a little harder. i guess i am now getting to much pressure? proably should pull and do rite? or could it be something else? hate to because man they are really grouping for me. any tips or info? thank you.

Re: fireing pin holes in primers?

heres a few pics if it helps or shows anything?

001-38.jpg

the one on the right is how it used to hit the left is the problem round middle of corse is a unfired round.

002-28.jpg

003-25.jpg

Re: fireing pin holes in primers?

Those are pierced primers from overpressure.

From the sounds of it, your increased neck tension put you over the top...way over the top.

Removing the expander ball does in fact tend to make for better concentricity, but also tends to increase neck tension.

You could get a sinclair expander die, to expand your case necks to your old neck tension specs...but I suspect you'd still be overpressure or really really close to it, even then.

I think you should find a lower accuracy node.