• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firing Pin for PSA-10

Juggerxxx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Was dry firing my PSA10 in 6.5CM the other day and broke the tip of my firing pin off. Looked on the PSA website to buy another one but they have been back ordered for 2 weeks now.
Can anyone suggest another firing pin that will work in a gen 2 PSA10 chambered in 6.5CM
Thank you

How the heck did this happen?

Just shock force probably, some metals are especially prone to faulting under repetitive striking. Titanium is one of them off the top of my head and why I don't use Ti firing pins myself. Regardless you could have a real problem if it keeps up, if not probably just a bad batch and shit happens.

If it's the answer, get a spare eventually. What broke once can break again.

On the other hand, Titanium is chosen for strength with light weight, but can also be brittle, as you're finding out. Stainless will not have the same characteristics.

Still, a spare is probably a wise move.

Greg

@Juggerxxx

I have a spare OEM PSA 308 FP I could send you.. just IM me.. no cost.... just give me a chance to wade through the line at the Post Office, Lol

And I have noticed a fairly large / loose tip size difference between the various ".308" sized FP tips.... so I'd suggest double checking the fit in the bolts FP hole prior to firing a high pressure load.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
@Juggerxxx

I have a spare OEM PSA 308 FP I could send you.. just IM me.. no cost.... just give me a chance to wade through the line at the Post Office, Lol

And I have noticed a fairly large / loose tip size difference between the various ".308" sized FP tips.... so I'd suggest double checking the fit in the bolts FP hole prior to firing a high pressure load.
Haha yeah this time of year is crazy. Thank you ever so much and if this one doesn’t work than I may take you up on that. Thanks again!

Reactions: bfoosh006