• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firmware upgrade on Terrapin X

Canmoose

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had issues updating their Terrapin X firmware. Just took delivery and it just times out (terrapin shuts off) or generates an error.

Many thanks!

Please do the following steps:

Download the TERRAPIN X app and register.
  • Activate by a single push your Terrapin X
  • Click another 3x (quick) pushs on the button
  • Then you enter the connectivity menue
  • Scroll through the menue by single clicks
  • If you see “APP” – then you can connect to the app – if you confirm “APP” by another three pushs (!)
  • If you see “heSt” – you can connect to you Kestrel – if you confirm heSt by another three pushs (!)
  • If you see “OFF – you can deactivate Bluetooth - if you confirm OFF by another three pushs (!)
  • If you see “tdH – you can connect to Trasol, the Hornady Ballistic App or Garmin ballistic watches - if you confirm “tdH” by another three pushs (!)
So if you want to update your Terrapin X then choose “APP”. Then it should get a connection. Please check.

Best regards,

Philip

Reactions: Canmoose
I’m having the same problem right now. For me it says firmware cannot be detected and I have tried contacting terrapin x through there website for a week but I never got a reply

Reactions: Canmoose
Thank you for the reply.

I am well past this stage, and actually connected to the app.

When I try to update the firmware, it uploads the firmware to the TX, but at 100% upload, will either generate an error, or fail after following the instruction of pressing the range button and wait a few seconds. I have tried it on Android phones, Android tablets, Apple phones, Apple tablets. Pretty much every thing. It seems pretty straight forward, but I wont rule out operator error.

Any advice? I just purchased this unit from an authorized dealer.

Thanks!

Please do the following steps:

Download the TERRAPIN X app and register.
  • Activate by a single push your Terrapin X
  • Click another 3x (quick) pushs on the button
  • Then you enter the connectivity menue
  • Scroll through the menue by single clicks
  • If you see “APP” – then you can connect to the app – if you confirm “APP” by another three pushs (!)
  • If you see “heSt” – you can connect to you Kestrel – if you confirm heSt by another three pushs (!)
  • If you see “OFF – you can deactivate Bluetooth - if you confirm OFF by another three pushs (!)
  • If you see “tdH – you can connect to Trasol, the Hornady Ballistic App or Garmin ballistic watches - if you confirm “tdH” by another three pushs (!)
So if you want to update your Terrapin X then choose “APP”. Then it should get a connection. Please check.

Best regards,

Philip

I too was having this issue. I would pull the battery, delete the TX from the app, wait a few minutes...then start again. I was able to get rid of this error, but as per my above post it just refuses to complete properly.

Would love to just return the unit, but shipping and insurance, the re and re, would run me about 15% of this units cost, which is a bit annoying. Hopefully I can determine how to fix it on my existing unit.

I’m having the same problem right now. For me it says firmware cannot be detected and I have tried contacting terrapin x through there website for a week but I never got a reply

Ever get it fixed? I gave up trying a year ago. They never answer. Horrible customer service

Ever get it fixed? I gave up trying a year ago. They never answer. Horrible customer service

For such a premium product there CS sucks ass. Had problems with mine and they never bothered to return my emails or PMs on here

You have to contact euro optic

That’s listed absolutely no where on their website and there’s zero excuse for them to not email me back and say that if it’s the case. And on top of that good luck talking to Eric optic if you arent the first hand buyer or didn’t buy it from them.

That’s listed absolutely no where on their website and there’s zero excuse for them to not email me back and say that if it’s the case. And on top of that good luck talking to Eric optic if you arent the first hand buyer or didn’t buy it from them.
I agree they should take care of their customers better. I sent two already to europtic for exchange because I had troubles with the one in had. New one they sent me still doesn’t tell me what firmware I’m on. Tells me to contact customer support again

I agree they should take care of their customers better. I sent two already to europtic for exchange because I had troubles with the one in had. New one they sent me still doesn’t tell me what firmware I’m on. Tells me to contact customer support again
Any luck with your firmware update yet? I'm in the same boat..app just says it cannot determine the firmware version and to contact customer service. Maybe we all need to start hitting all the retailers with terrible reviews on the Terrapin X to generate a response.