• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First 300 BlackOut Sub-Sonic Kill

RangerWalker71

Suppressor Peddler
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette LA
    gmail.com
    She's not a monster deer, But was my first Kill with my new 300 BlackOut. 240gr, SMK's going 1030. 220 yards. Smacked her like a boat oar hitting water. She went 20 yards and that was it. Orange is on my four wheeler. for those who will ask.

CD64D3BD-CDB1-4B06-9DD2-99D334CE47F7-784-00000040F2CFCC0F.jpg

Gun is a 700 REM aciton, tured, Blue Printed. AICS 1.5, Schilling barrel 16.5", TBAC 30P-1. Great rig very happy with it.
    7D9E013F-AD7A-4300-99F3-0D3206D1C2B0-784-00000041109126B7.jpg

Cray quiet.

Re: First 300 BlackOut Sub-Sonic Kill

I have shot this rifle--It is a blast. I am duplicating it soon.
    I took a doe with the same load. She went about 60 yards, bullets was a complete pass thru. Good shooting Rangerwalker

My orange is on my four wheeler....hahahahaha, you're an outlaw.

What twist is that tube?

Love the logo.
    Can you post or message me your hand load data

300 Blackout Rem Brass, 240gr SMK, H110, 9.3grs. Working up loads for 220gr SMK's as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My orange is on my four wheeler....hahahahaha, you're an outlaw.

What twist is that tube?</div></div>

1-8.

No it wont kill Med size animals with subs, I really just knocked the deer out, with it, took a quick pic and ran off.

I've put down two this year know, both dropped like a ton of bricks. Looking to get a 3rd, horns this time. I'm very happy with how its performing, great for 300 yards or less.

I've shot some 208's target only. Not happy with the accuracy of them, factory stuff. haven't done hand loads yet. 240's and 220's seem to work the best out of my bolt gun. Don't have OAL, i do know they won't fit in a Pmag.

Colette on the hide, my outside sells guy uses 208's with great success. Shot out to 800 yards with subs.
    Almost like indirect fire. Crazy to watch it.

Thanks. Both shoulders passed or did you just lung/heart her?

With subsonic heavies I try to go for the "sack of potatoes" approach for simplicity. Keep the shots to <100yd and go for a skull/neck impact as the head is down to take a bite of grass. I've never been confident that the pencil-through would give me enough damage to kill quickly like a broadhead does, the only time we've seen the results of a lunger was the only time the deer wasn't recovered. It made it into a thicket and we couldn't find it without a good blood trail. Our dog had just passed away and the puppy was too young to "get it".

Glad you have excellent results though, that's encouraging to hear. Thanks for getting back to me.

Congrats on the deer, sweet rig you've got there!!