• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First .338 hand loads down the tube

mwilkins

Minuteman
Jun 1, 2010
Sachse, TX.
Went out this past weekend and let a buddy of mine finish off the Corbon loaded 300 gr rounds on my new build. The Corbons were the first 20 rounds on the barrel. After he finished up I put my first hand loads down the tube. All loads are on the lower end of loading as these are my first ever loads. Being on the lower end I made full grain jumps at 85, 86 and 87. No issues visible after giving the spent brass a good look over.

Loading to mag length so they are getting a decent jump to the lands. All groups are at 100 yards. Even with the light loads, the Bergers still grouped better than the Corbon's. The Corbon's were making a bigger jump than what the Bergers are seated to. That could possibly play in to the difference in grouping along with the person behind the trigger.

Hopefully I get out this coming weekend with a few more loads and a chrony this time.

Bartlein 30" 1:9.5 tw
Berger 300 gr Hybrid OTM
H1000
Fed 215 primers
Lapua brass
.100" Jump

Corbon rounds along with Berger 85 gr loads.

Berger 86 gr loads.

Berger 87 gr loads.