• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First AI

future_sniper

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2009
Ruther Glen, VA
Always had a thing for AI but never put the money in. Always just went with a R700 or similar. I think it's time to finally get one. What would be the best model to look for that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Just want something basic. 308, 24 or 26 inch barrel, would prefer the classic AI stock. Just looking for a specific model to look for. I realize I will be buying used and I don't have an issue with that. Thanks.

AIAT in whatever config you would like. Keep watch in the PX as they come up from time to time. Gets you the quick switch barrel capability. Otherwise check for AI AE Mk3s if wanting old school and dont need the quick change bbl feature

Either option will likely cost you an arm or a leg but shouldn’t cost you both.

Last edited:
AIAT
Post 14 models have the quickloc

Watch the px as noted or call Mile High Shooting or Eurooptic to see what they have used

Below is my AIAT 308 I paid $3200 for here a couple years ago
B3C92939-61ED-4F82-8A15-4708CE26C1FB.jpeg

Below is a link to one I would have bought if I didn’t have this already or had extra funds to burn. Sold already but reference for prices

Best bang for buck will be a used AT. Folding if you can. It makes everything easier for bore sighting and such.

The mk series are decent value, but IMO, the AT QD barrel is worth the extra coin.

AW’s are cool, but still demand a premium and IMO don’t have the utility value of the AT.

Reactions: Basher
Whats an AI MK3 and AT going for now a days?

A year or so ago, it seemed like youd see a lot of mk3’s in the low, mid and high 2’s. Been seing some lately in the low 3’s. Hard to say.

Pre 14 ax’s can be a pretty good deal too. No “quicker” change but still quick enough. Its like a gucci aw.