• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First Antelope fawns 2009

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
scan0003-1.jpg

Check out these little guys. First ones Ive got my eye on this spring.
Love being out this time of the year!

Re: First Antelope fawns 2009

As soon as I snapped the pic, they took off out of there like they were changing zip codes!

Well I can't say that they look cute. They actually look evil!! Did you throw them some hay so you can fatten them up for hunting season?

Its not often you see fawns like that. I wonder how many years it takes an antelope fawn to grow into a trophy buck?

I have a good friend who is a big game biologist out of Miles City, Montana for Fish, Wildlife & Parks and he claims Antelope bucks reach full maturity at age 4. He also says that a lot of good horn growth is relavant to winter conditions as well as feed conditions this time of year. Coming out of a mild winter into a good rainy spring and early summer will produce good numbers of trophy buck Antelope. By the end of June the bucks horns are finished growing. A good time to scout.

Interesting! I looked at your website and you must have some good hunting spots. Some MD nice trophies to be sure.

Neat Pictures. I will probably be driving to Kalispell or Helena this week. My boss lives in Kalispell. I hope to see some animals on the way.

cant wait to get to wy in oct gets me rattled up just thinkin about it.