• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First antelope for the lady!

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
Well, the little lady scored her first kill Saturday morning! He's not a monster, but very unique and she did an awesome job! It's about an average one for the area, but a little heavier. She shot him at 270 yards with a 308 Win and a 155 Scenar. She took him right in the throat and it kinda made for some pretty bloody pics.

Anyhow, was a great trip and a great day. Proud of her for making a great one shot kill on her first animal. She had a blast and is looking forward to the next one!

IMAG1143.jpg

IMAG1152.jpg

IMAG1153.jpg

IMAG1154.jpg

Re: First antelope for the lady!

Congrats to your wife. Good job for you getting the whole family involved.

Nice goat, congrats on her first harvest. How was her reaction? Did the adrenaline kick in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice goat, congrats on her first harvest. How was her reaction? Did the adrenaline kick in. </div></div>

She did awesome! Kept it cool through the whole deal. Kept her focus on the matter at hand and kept the nerves and celebration for later. Couldn't be happier with that! Thanks for all the kind comments! Will pass them on...

Jamie, Tell her congrats! Sweet having the whole crew out there!

Congrats to the wife on a fine goat, and shot!!! Good job on you for getting the whole family out hunting.

If I may, what were you seeing for rut activity then, and now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fisky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats to the wife on a fine goat, and shot!!! Good job on you for getting the whole family out hunting.

If I may, what were you seeing for rut activity then, and now? </div></div>

All of the antelope I saw last weekend seemed to be rutting pretty good. Bucks had their does herded up, chasing them around, and running off the lesser bucks.

Thanks again for the kind words. She had a huge smile when I read her all the comments...

That is a good looking antelope.

P.S. Is she wearing your shirt?
grin.gif

Nice buck. The first one is always special.

Great job Mrs Cinch!! I'd be proud as all get out to take a goat with horns like that. Thanks for the story and pics!