• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Ar-10 build

Tgself1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2022
Athens, Georgia
Good evening, I am brand new to the forum and need a little advice/recommendations. I have built several Ar-15 rifles, but I am currently trying to build an Ar-10. I bought a PSA PA-10 gen II completed lowering sale a while back, but by the time I had the funds to build the upper they had discontinued the gen II receivers. I want to just get a stripped upper so I can build it and customize it. I know there isn’t a whole lot of compatibility between different brands in the AR-10 market, so my question is does anyone here know of any other upper receiver brands that would work on a PA- 10 lower or do I need to just start completely over?

PSA PA-10 is technically a unique pattern. No other upper manufacturer has been a reliable match that I've heard of. Bore alignment is the biggest issue. The PA-10 gen 3 upper will work with a gen 2 lower, but there are cosmetic differences.

Reactions: Steve_In_29
I believe PSA has a blog or forum linked on their site that probably has some answers but you'll have to do a lot of reading. Also they will answer your questions directly about compatibility between generations of their products, don't know about other companies' products.

As was posted, the Gen3 PA-10 uppers WILL work with your Gen2 lower.

If you want to start over I would say get the Aero M5E1 receiver set.

Reactions: Lesptr