• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First bedding job, clean up question

03machstock

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, just pulled my action out of my stock after my first bedding job, I think it turned out pretty good. My question is should I grind down the little tit sitting right behind the recoils lug, or leave it?
Thanks

Attachments

• 963DC339-9AE2-4D8C-97DE-1DD002D835F6.jpeg
    963DC339-9AE2-4D8C-97DE-1DD002D835F6.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 6558D1A3-37A0-4C32-90A0-AFEBB6B37B17.jpeg
    6558D1A3-37A0-4C32-90A0-AFEBB6B37B17.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 214
if you have any self pride make that shit sparkle clean it up . any job doing is worth doing it right the first time .
It’s dull from the release agent I think, I put the action back in for now, I’ll clean it off in a couple days. But I’m open to suggestions if you have any tips on making it sparkle more.

It’s elevated, there’s a little recess behind the recoil lug that it’s from.
Knock that little piece down to flush.
If you dont drop the action in absolutely perfect it could hang on that little piece and break it off causing you some headache you dont need and could prevent.
Your bedding job looks pretty good.

Reactions: 03machstock
Looks like an Origin lug pin spot to me. I wouldn’t knock it off but it won’t hurt if you do…looks better than my first time, congrats!

Looks like an Origin lug pin spot to me. I wouldn’t knock it off but it won’t hurt if you do…looks better than my first time, congrats!
Your exactly right. I already knocked it off, hopefully it’s ok, I think it is.

Reactions: Judd