• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

flyboy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2008
State College, PA
Well I took the month old sps tac out to the range today to start a new ladder test for some new bullets I picked up. I don't quite know what it is about some animals that think that a shooting range is a good place to be but this bird got the bright idea to land right near my target. I only had about two seconds to pull it off but thanks to Frank, Jacob, and Lindy, all my shooting practice came into place and I exicuted a perfect headshot. It took me a sold three minuts to get my laughing under controle along with that of my spotter (lucky bastard got to see it explode.)

Not exactly hunting but First Blood for my new favorite rifle.

Re: First Blood

I had a ground hog do the same last year. I was doing load work up on my 308 w/ berger 168 VLD's when I saw through the bottom of the scope a ground hog stop right in the middle of my freshly mowed shooting path at 70 yards. I was impressed to see the bullet worked as advertised, penetrating 2" and then exploding the last 2" of ground hog.

So what kind of "non-game" bird (aka inappropriate target of opportunity) did you kill??

While you learned some shooting lessons, you obviously missed the one on proper target selection.

Hate to piss on your parade, but bragging about killing a songbird is almost as idiotic as actually doing it.

had a guy do something similar to a squirrel at 150 yards with a .308.

He had his target posted up and the damn squirrel jumped from a tree down to the top of his target stand.

I was watching him through the scope and said "Man thats one brave sq...BOOM!"