• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First Buck/105 amax

H5N1

Sergeant
Minuteman
My girl friend shot her first buck this morning, she is very excited. Shot was prone behind a hay bale, 215yds,.243 105 amax @ 2990ish fps. Direct shoulder shot, no exit but the shoulder is mush I can feel broken bones. He made it about 20yds, and fell over dead.
IMG_1025.jpg

I'm about to go clean him so I'll report on the internal damage.

Re: First Buck/105 amax

Well done, well done, im trying to find a way to get those 105's to work in my AR.243WSSM, so far no luck. Nice weapon, nice woman, nice first buck...congrats to you BOTH.

you know you've been on snipershide too long when you want to know the specs on the rifle rather than see a better pic of a beautiful lady.....

so how bout it, tell us about the rifle.

Thanks for the kind comments.
The bullet liquidized the entry shoulder and everything in between the other shoulder. I found the front half or less of the bullet barely in the other shoulder. When I cut the skin, about a gallon of blood poured out. There was only three usable quarters on this deer.
I think it was good penetration given the amount muscle and bone this bullet encountered.
The rifle is a sps .243 9 1/4:1 twist 26in. 16xss 20moa NF base,Burris extreme rings.105 amax, Lapua brass 41.4gr.H4350 @2990ish. It shoots really well for what it is,it will surprise me sometimes.
For those wondering about the amax, I shot a deer behind the shoulder @432yds last weeks and got a 1in or so exit wound. They work

Some folks shoot "beanfield" rifles, i guess you have a "hayfield" rifle. You and Justin been shooting much lately?

Smacked a doe with my 308 via 168amax here yesterday. Last year got one with 06 but they definitely do the job, one shot in neck dropped'm like a bad habit made quite the exit.
Sorry no photos, was late when all happened didnt have time or camera.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you know you've been on snipershide too long when you want to know the specs on the rifle rather than see a better pic of a beautiful lady.....

so how bout it, tell us about the rifle. </div></div>

I must not have been here long enough!
Priorities lie as follows...
1. Beautiful lady
2. Dead Sexy Rifle
3. Nice Freezer Meat

so how bout it, tell us about the woman haha

Very nice... it sure is fun to watch someone else getting fired up for the shot. good shot, good buck and good lady,,, you got the cat by the tail.