• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing First buck of the year

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
Went to the ranch this past weekend and got this 9 point Saturday morning. I saw him down the telephone pole line about 500 yards away and thought he looked like a pretty nice buck. Then he got about 100 yards away and realized he was a management buck. I shot him when he was 60 yards away and he ran 20 yards before he died. He was 5 1/2yrs old, weighed 160lbs, and scored 124in. Yesterday morning another member got a 5 1/2yr old eight point that weighed 160lbs also and scored 135in.

Remington 700 .25-06
Remington Core-Lokt 100gr soft point

deer.jpg

bullet.jpg

Re: First buck of the year

Darn nice buck you dropped.
Its in the 20s up here/ bitter cold Sat/Sun/Mon morning and full insulated hunting clothing & you are still in a tee shirt down there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5spd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Darn nice buck you dropped.
Its in the 20s up here/ bitter cold Sat/Sun/Mon morning and full insulated hunting clothing & you are still in a tee shirt down there!</div></div>

I'm not for sure but I'm guessing it was somewhere around the 70's Saturday morning. A cold front just came in last night so it's about 60 right now. Texas has the weirdest weather, I swear...

Nice buck. Bullet performed well.

Nice deer. Your hog count looks pretty good too.

Remington Core Lokts: I've used these 100% for 20 years. They put animals in the dirt and are plenty accurate for hunting. Low price = more practice = more critters in the dirt. Nice bucks.