• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

First build- 700 AAC SD

Bigbuckeye

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2012
Columbus, Oh
Here is my first build:

700 AAC SD
Badger Ordnance 20moa mount
Surgeon Bottom Metal w/ 5 round AICS mag
Harris Bi-pod with Phoenix tactical pod lock
10X SWFA SS scope
Warne 30mm rings
McMillan A3-5 stock in GAP Camo

700.jpg

NewImage-2.jpg

Re: First build- 700 AAC SD

looks good, that is a lot of rifle right there. what kind of ammo are you going to shoot through that? I like the Hornady A-Max 168gr

I am sitting on a pile of American Eagle 150 grn that I run through my M1A Loaded, but with the 1/10 twist, I am going to need something like the Hornady A-max..

That's a nice first rifle. I get good results with FGMM 168s and 175s, and better results with hand loads. Mine seems to group 175smk's better past 300yds.

Looks really good, I was looking at this AAC-SD the last couple days for a good starting point, I just keep getting wrapped up in looking at stuff for a custom build but this looks like a good starting point.

Did you get to shoot it before you moded it just bought it.

Did you get the action trued or anything or just dropped it into the new stock and away you went, Ive heard its a 1/2 moa shooter once you get it out of the crappy hogue stock unless you modify it some to make it more rigid.

Nice rig how do you like that surgeon bottom metal? I love mine compared to a badger that is but thats just my opinion.

Nothing to compare it to, but the Surgeon is certainly high quality.

I should also note that the stock was already inlited when I purchased it from Longrangehunting and boy was it a great fit, pillars and bottom metal fit great.

I did shoot it before the stock and bottom metal and it was definitely capable of 1/2 "moa, but I didn't waste a lot of ammo knowing I was about to add the stock.

+1 on the FGMM 175 or similar for the AAC-SD for 400 yds on out.

That ammunition in that rifle with a solid stock/chassis simply flat out works.

Good looking rifle!

On the differences between Surgeon and Badger:

While I don't have a Badger, I do have a Manners with the mini-chassis. I also have a Surgeon. The Surgeon seems like a better design. The release is easier to reach and doesn't hang below the trigger guard. I also like that it it encloses the magazine on the front. It makes it feel more stable and more protected.

Nice build! I'm in the process of doing an AAC-SD build myself. Going with the AICS 2.0 chassis and viper skins. Probably a Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 G2DMR.

+1 to 175gr. 168 are always solid, but 175 SMK's are deadly in my AAC-SD...