• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First build. Looking for input / help.

taulce1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2018
Louisville, KY
First post. Came here looking for advice / guidance as I complete my first build. About to pull the trigger on my first serious rifle and i'm hoping that i'm going down the right road. Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Here is what I have in mind...

GA Precision GAP Team Rifle with a 24" barrel chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Elite TAC Swamp
Manners MCS ET-4A
Templar V2 Short Action
Badger Ordnance M5 Enhanced Trigger Guard
Timney Calvin Elite Trigger (1.5lbs)
APA Little Bastard Brake

Not sure what else to list. Plan on going with an Atlas bipod. No clue on the scope yet but i'm eyeing the Tangent Theta 5-25x56mm.

Thanks again guys. All advice is welcome.

Yeah you definitely can't go wrong with a GAP build, that would be a kickass setup. Oh and a TT optic on top will be the icing on the cake!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do appreciate it.

GAP is suggesting a Timney Calvin Elite at 1.5lbs single stage. I feel like maybe a two stage might be the way to go. I run a two stage on my Kidd .22LR set at 8oz/8oz. It's a real tac driver and I enjoy the control. I'm on the fence with it. What are you guys running?

If you like a two stage and are used to running them, go with the two stage. Nothing wrong with either, just personal preference.

What do you plan on doing with it and how far are you shooting?

personally I run a Huber 2 stage set at 2.5# and I really enjoy it. I know a lot of folks want their trigger in ounces but this works well for me.

If your shooting 600+ yards on a regular basis then 6.5 creedmoor is awesome and what my custom is chambered in. If most of your shooting is 500 or so I would get a .223.

I know now people are going to go crazy on me but a .223 custom build will get you to 1k and it’s cheap as heck to reload. I waste money shooting my creed as most of my shooting is 300 yards.