• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos First Camo Job-The Grass Gun

Birddog1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Peyton, Colorado, USA
My Springfield Armory M1A Loaded, SS 10x42 scope, Bassett picatinny mount, Karsten cheek rest. Used Krylon Camo. Tell me what you think.
ETA: I have no idea why these pics look out of focus after uploading; they are in perfect focus.

Re: First Camo Job-The Grass Gun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Very nice, how do you like the bassett mount?

</div></div>

I haven't removed it to check re-zero, but so far I do like the mount, and it hasn't budged yet.

Very nice looking set up! I love the M1A's. I built up a loaded for my wife but just have a standard for myself. Mine is wearing the Sage EBR chassis though. How much does your rig weigh? My wife's is around 14.5 lbs.
As far as the camo goes, it looks very functional in your AO. Good job. I'll be using DuraCoat, mine will be somewhat similiar to yours and the wifes will be FDE with the stock MulitCam, or as close as I can get it.
Once again good job!

Wish I had the balls to paint one of my rifles like that, too worried I'd screw it up. Your M1A looks good.

That is an outstanding looking piece of kit.

I have the same rifle and scope (with the HD glass) with Karsten cheekpiece, but with a Sadlak mount instead of the Basset like you've got there. I would very much like to know how you applied the paint to your stock. My stock is the OD green synthetic version.

I like the "grass" look, and in the hunting environment I'll be primarily using it in (north Texas) it seems like it would make a lot of sense.

Here's a pic of mine... [img:right]http://www.annoyedman.com/images/M1A_Pics/SpringFieldM1A_Completed.png[/img]

How did you do that with Krylon?! That looks like a great paint job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xXHoPXx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you do that with Krylon?! That looks like a great paint job. </div></div>

Well, it's not too difficult. Frankly, I find Krylon easier to work with than Duracoat. Not quite the precision compared to an airbrush, but I personally believe that camoflage should be just that; this blends into the grass great. Sharp lines just don't blend as well in the natural environment.

very nice, going to try a grass pattern on my pdog rifle.